Weekend recap


This weekend was really quite lovely.  Despite the winter blues (which are about to worsen by a lot, considering we're going to be pounded by a "potentially life-threatening" blizzard tomorrow) we got out and about and enjoyed ourselves.  Some highlights include ::

  • Friday night dinner + drinks with BK at Rootstock where we sat at the bar and had help in choosing the best bottles of Greek and Spanish wine.  Not to mention all the help picking out food.  What an incredible menu - and I'm a vegetarian!
  • A post dinner + drinks couple of games of Euchre with the Hinshaws.   Always delightful! And I can't believe how soon we'll all get to meet Peanut!!!
  • A Saturday afternoon trip to Home Depot to cut and purchase some pieces of wood to try and recreate this.  Afterall, we do have a mirror about that size unframed...
  • Saturday evening dinner + nerd games with the Chwaliszs.  Gin-soaked raisins are the best thing to bring out during winter nights like that.  
  • A Sunday afternoon date which included brunch at a very cheap diner in River East (all the cool places were jam-packed), 2 attempts to go see The King's Speech (the 1st attempt put us in the very, very front which was waaaaaay too close to the screen - literally half of the screen was blacked out for me we were that close, so we high-tailed on outta there and exchanged our tickets for the next showing).  We had the best seat in the house for the 4:30 showing and absolutely loved every. single. minute.  Please go see if it you get the chance.  It's an incredibly superb film that definitely deserves the Oscar.

25 comments:

Unknown January 31, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

Sounds like a lovely weekend! I am still waiting to see the King's speach.. and can't wait!! xxxx

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick January 31, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

ooh I love chunky Mirrors I hope you post the before and after so I can know how to do it, please :)


hopefully the blizzard isn't too bad.

jillian :: cornflake dreams. January 31, 2011 at 2:29 PM  

sounds like a great weekend! i neeeed to see the kings speech still. xoxo jcd

ps PRAYING this blizzard isnt what they are prediciting. and hoping if it is i get at least one snow day/off day from work!

ali v. January 31, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

wow! what a fun weekend...good thing you maximized your time out of the house before the "life-threatening" blizzard ;) we're bracing for it too...I'm just hoping it's not ice! eeks! have a great week! xoxo {av}

Maggie,  January 31, 2011 at 2:37 PM  

just learned how to play euchre this weekend. we must play!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock January 31, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

oh, please stay safe and warm!

also, sounds like you had a FANTASTIC weekend. i'm dying to see the king's speech -- so glad to hear you liked it!

xoxoxo

Virginie's Cinema January 31, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

I cannot wait to see The King's Speech, I'm so glad you liked it! I had yet to hear anybody's opinion so thanks so much for sharing!

vintch January 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM  

oh the kings speech is one of my must-sees! your weekend sounds lovely just like you!

Jaime @ laviejaime January 31, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

oh i am dying to see that movie and the fighter before the oscars!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket January 31, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

I am sooo excited to see that movie :) Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Amber January 31, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

I plan on seeing the kings speech this saturday...guess I should get there early!

Leslie January 31, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

The King's Speech sounds great; I really want to see it. My husband and I are too cheap to pay for films at the theatres...but I'm thinking this film might be worth an exception! I hope that the weather doesn't get too bad.

jeanette from everton terrace January 31, 2011 at 5:30 PM  

We also played games with friends - it's a usual Friday night standing date for us. Also, I saw that movie last week and I completely agree - fantastic.

Wendy January 31, 2011 at 6:26 PM  

Thanks for the heads up on the movie! What a cool blog you have. :)

Michelle January 31, 2011 at 6:41 PM  

Now I really can't wait to see this movie! Hope you stay safe in this blizzard.

Brandi January 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful weekend -- and that you got to see The King's Speech. Wasn't it phenomenal? It's really one of the best films I've seen in some time. I'll blame Mr. Firth and Mr. Rush for that one.

abigail January 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM  

we saw the kings speech over the holidays and I LOVED it.
so wonderful in so many ways, and Lionel Logue's office? GORGEOUS!

Marie February 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM  

I loved The King's Speech too.:D

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your newest follower!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

this free bird February 1, 2011 at 2:21 AM  

Someone in Oklahoma sent me a note saying they were expecting "thundering snow". I'll be honest - I got a little concerned.

Wherever you are stay safe and warm. This winter thing is getting NUTS!!

xo,
C

becca February 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM  

yay for a busy weekend!

Kirby Margaret February 1, 2011 at 8:09 AM  

I have been wanting to see this film! soon I hope.

stay safe during the storm. it looks like Chicago is going to break a lot of records...

xo Kirby

Diana Mieczan February 1, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

Sounds like such a great weekend and I so want to see that movie:) Happpy Tuesday, darling
Kisses

Michelle {lovely little things} February 3, 2011 at 11:14 PM  

Busy weekend!
I'm seeing it this weekend, super excited!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails