Looking Polished

I love painted nails - it's rare to find my nails naked anymore.  Not only do I enjoy the process of painting them (some times not) but I love the wide variety of color you can use to fancy em up.  Spring always leaves me leaning toward lighter colors - mainly of the pastel kind.  Last year, I practically went through the entire bottle of China Glaze's Refreshmint - a lovely shade of mint green that I'm still pretty into.  So I thought today I'd share with you some colors my hands are trying to grab onto for spring...


I've really been wanting to try out butter nail polish, mainly for the non-toxic aspect but also for their understanding of what a girl like me wants out of her polish.  Healthy nails, trendy colors and a fun description that makes me love my favourite Brit that much more.  This color in particular has a nice pastel feel, perfect for spring.


RGB is another one of those nail polish brands I've yet to try, but want to try for the same reasons as Butter.  It's free of harmful chemicals and it comes in a variety of awesome shades.  The coral shade above is a beautiful hue of orange-red that would look amazing on the hands of everyone.


I had a manicure last year and chose a grape color very similar to this.  It was really fun to wear and it constantly made me crave candy (mainly Sprees and Skittles).  Plus, it's fun to tell people the name of your polish is "funky dunkey".  You can say things like, "what the Funky Dunkey?!" and "who the Funky Dunkey is that?!"


Zoya - Christina
I've also never worn Zoya, but again, it's non-toxic.  This shade is one of those kinds of shades that is really perfect all year round.  It could be the best winter white, or a really soft spring shade.  It's shimmery with a touch of silver and gray.  Hooray!

Rescue Beauty Lounge - Starfish-Patrick
Did I choose this one simply because I love Patrick? Maybe.  But I also chose this unfortunately sold-out shade because it is the perfect blend of peach-meets-coral and my fingers long to be covered in it.
I saved the best for last.  This Essie polish (available in May) has stolen my heart...for now.  It's the perfect follow up to last years mint craze and I want to wear it NOW!  

What do you think, friends? What shades do you like to sport come springtime?  

33 comments:

Jack April 12, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

I love Butter...you will get addicted, too. Just watch!

Noodles and Waffles April 12, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

I love the purple and of course the names. Funky Dunkey. Classic.

Anna Walker April 12, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

I LOVE the first color!
OPI Is always a favorite of mine! I am wearing it now!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Blace April 12, 2011 at 12:02 PM  

i'm a sucker for nail polish posts. that essie color is divine. where do you find our about it?

i am a new blogger. been at it for just over a month. thank you for your kind words. i really appreciate them<3

http://tinyaltars.blogspot.com

Virginie's Cinema April 12, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

That green is awesome! I don't always dare wear untraditional color on my hands and I told myself this summer I was going to be more daring than ever! Great inspiration :)

Virginie

Anonymous,  April 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

I only wera nude polish, so they look perfect for a longer time. I hate to see the red polish coming off.

Anonymous,  April 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

I only wera nude polish, so they look perfect for a longer time. I hate to see the red polish coming off.

The Olive Tree Blog April 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM  

Love those colors!! With a little girl in our house we do a lot of nail painting ;)

Andrea April 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM  

I'm so excited for spring nails! I know it's very 'last season,' but I love painting my nails coral colors.

I've been meaning to try Butter. I need to get on that.

A Crimson Kiss April 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

I'm the world's most boring nail polisher-there are a half dozen shades of pinky peachy nudey creams, and three reds, 2 lipstick shades and one cabernet, in my collection. And that's it.

All these divine nail colors have me sure I need to bust out of my shell a little!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket April 12, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

BLUE has been my thing lately like tiffany's blue.. sigh.. love love.

PS MY wood verification is snorito.. lol is that like a combo snore and a burrito?

ashley nicole catherine April 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM  

ooh i do love nail polish, especially essie. but that rescue beauty lounge shade is gorgeous!!

thanks for stopping by my blog! yours is great and now following :)

xo.ashley

Sandy a la Mode April 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

i LOVE mint and coral color nail polishes for spring!!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION April 12, 2011 at 2:26 PM  

I LOVE the RGB and the Essie...need to paint my nails stat! xo

Diana Mieczan April 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Im totally loving the Butter and the Essie colours. I so need to get them:) Happy Tuesday, darling.

Amber April 12, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

I really love that last shade, its so very pretty. I love the color of freshly painted nails, but I have to be in the mood to actually paint mine, patience is the key :)

emma April 12, 2011 at 4:11 PM  

I love nail polish. I've really been digging purple & turquoise lately.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts April 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM  

I just bought three and my nails are drying as I type- jikes- I also got a light green

hip hip gin gin April 12, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

It's funny, I used to be really strict about wearing nail colors seasonally, but now it mostly depends on mood. Granted, I do get to be more in the mood for darks in winter and lights in spring/summer, but I no longer deny myself one or the other because it "isn't time" to wear it.
I haven't tried a mint colored manicure yet, so that is what I'm most excited for this spring. I'm a little worried that my skin is too pale but hopefully I'll be able to pull it off.

Vintage is for Lovers April 12, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

Gorgeous Colors!! I just purchased my first bottle of Butter nail polish in Gold! It is amazing and I love the brand messaging! Have a lovely week! xo Samantha

audrey marie April 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

love that last essie color! i still love the mint but am ready for something a bit different in that color family.

Oh, My Darling April 12, 2011 at 9:37 PM  

I'm really digging on that pale green etsy. So springy!

Monique April 13, 2011 at 12:43 AM  

oooh I love opi...the last one is oh so springy!!

classiq April 13, 2011 at 3:24 AM  

I love the coral and green ones, they would make such great accessories. Ada

Christine April 13, 2011 at 5:13 AM  

I love the coral color. I like a little bit of a bold statement with my spring:)

Pistachio April 13, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

Starfish Patrick for sure. Love it!

Mandi Stephanie April 13, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

yes, you did save the best for last!! perfect :)

and i have linked to you here~
http://makeitdear.blogspot.com

Cara Kuhl April 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

They're all delicious! I have a nail appointment today, and I think I just may have found some new inspiration here to try a new spring color ~ yay!

Felicia April 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

Thanks for introducing me to those non-toxic nail polishes to me! :) I will check them out soon.

Signe April 13, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Love that Teddy Girl pink! I have one that looks almost like it from H&M, and I bet for a 1oth of the price :)

April April 13, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

I'm wearing a purple like Funky Dunkey right now and I love it so much, I'm about to touch it up. :)

whitney April 13, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

omg. i love the funky dunkey. i might just have to buy it....thanks for the idea!

Anonymous,  April 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

Starfish Patrick and Funky Dunkey are my faves I think! Love painted nails too, I feel smart and it's the only thing that can stop me biting my nails ... at the moment I'm loving light, bright pinks and blues. Makes a nice change from the greys and dark blues I've been favouring over the winter.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails