Weekend Recap


This weekend was awesome.  Except the weather, that wasn't awesome.  The weather is so non-awesome, that we might actually see some snow today.  Those poor flowers and plants trying to grow out there, they really don't seem to stand a chance right now.  But I digress.  This weekend....well, this weekend was full of excitement and friends and entertainment.  I loved every moment of it.  Some highlights include ::

  • Cold and rainy Friday night spent hanging out at home with the hubs
  • Saturday morning coffee + Spaceballs!
  • Watching the Bulls trail to the Pacers and then Derrick Rose said NOPE and the Bulls came back and WON!  Larry Bird was so disappointed.
  • Modern Vintage Chicago w/my girls!  We went a little too late - because we were getting kicked out and weren't even 3/4 of the way through!  We all scored some vintage goods, but I wish it could have gone until at least 6 p.m.  Did any of you Chicago girls go too?
  • Dinner at Maude's Liquor Bar.  Mmmmm, mmmm, mmm.  This place is good.  If you like French food, GO eat there at once!  Thank goodness I started eating seafood...plus, check out their awesome website.
  • BOOBS AND GOOMBAS!  The Super Mario burlesque was every bit amazing as I had hoped.  I laughed and laughed and oohed and awed.  If you were a fan of Mario and Luigi, you would love this show.  I might never look at the video game the same again after this and that is totally okay with me!  Definitely worth it!  I just hope for your sake that Dan Katz and company are not audience members that night.  Not only did he give the performers the finger when it came time to collect tips, but they all talked during the whole show along with many other reasons to complain about them.  
  • Tron Sunday!  I haven't had one of these in ages, but our friends who we used to have Tron Sunday's with regularly were in town from Brooklyn.  It was GREAT!  
What a blissful weekend.  I'm sad it's over...

How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!

Last but not least...Dan Katz SUCKS!

17 comments:

magpie April 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

FUN FUN FUN!!!
And, yes... Dan Katz does indeed suck.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket April 18, 2011 at 11:37 AM  

amazing :) so jealous.. the weather was soo bad here!

Anonymous,  April 18, 2011 at 11:37 AM  

Weekends adventures will return. Can't have 'em all the time, now can we? :)

Andrea April 18, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

I've been meaning to go to Boobs and Goombas! Glad it's awesome!

Ashleigh April 18, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

I totally missed Modern Vintage?!?!!!! UGH!!!!!!!
A super mario burlesque? I wasn't even aware that existed, sounds hilarious! Please tell me, what is a Tron Sunday??
Can you believe the SNOW this morning! :(

Carol {Everyday Delights} April 18, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Fun weekend! Let the countdown to next weekend begin now!

Johanna April 18, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

That is an all star weekend for sure. I didn't know Maude's was frenchy...definitely adding that to the list and you should definitely try XOCO. I was blown away.

this free bird April 18, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

We had the first really warm day in ages on Saturday. I seriously got so excited for summer...then Sunday was back to fog - but happily not snow. Hey, at least you took in some fun stuff along the way! Here's hoping that snow veers in another direction...

xoxo,
C

Kathleen April 18, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

i dont know what modern vintage is, but i'm pretty sure i wish i was apart of it.

Whim Wham Life April 18, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

What a fun weekend! I'll live vicariously through all of that:-) We had a super low-key weekend. xoxo

April April 18, 2011 at 3:09 PM  

Last year someone used Mario as their theme for the drag pageant at my school and it was awesome!

Vintage is for Lovers April 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

Hilarious! I have never heard of super mario burlesque but it sounds genius. And vintage yumminess too! Sounds like the makings of a fabulous weekend. {I think the rain is coming our way today.} xo Samantha

Amber April 18, 2011 at 4:10 PM  

No the weather was not awesome. Come on Spring, get with the program right?!? Sounds like you had a nice weekend despite the nasty weather.

Virginie's Cinema April 18, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

I thought you week-end was awesome as soon as I heard about Spaceballs. But Mario Bros. Burlesque. OMG! Sounds amazing.

Virginie

Jess April 18, 2011 at 8:00 PM  

I'm so glad you enjoyed Boobs & Goombas. Any chance it will go on tour? Haha!

I don't know who Dan Katz is, but clearly his mother never taught him how to be respectful even if you don't like something!

Glad your weekend was a hit!

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} April 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

That photo is priceless! I love a little group adventure captured on film.

milk tea + polkadots April 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

You always go to the coolest places! I've never been to the Randolph Street Market before. The Modern Vintage Chicago is only twice a year? It would've been so fun to go! Hmm..maybe in October then. :)

Super Mario burlesque? Haha...that sounds like a hilarious show.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails