Weekend Recap


It's Monday again.  Oh, and it's raining...again.  It rained cats and dogs all weekend long down in Kentucky - so much that it's flooding and fields along the highway have turned into lakes.  They need a break from the rain like whoa.  If only they could direct it towards a place like Texas where they need it badly.  

So you may (or may not) be wondering how our weekend was.  Well, it was good (aside from the pouring rain) and we definitely have some potential houses under consideration.  This is not an easy decision for us, but I'm starting to wonder how exactly one makes this kind of decision?  Am I just supposed to know when we've found 'the one'?  How do you know when you've got to sacrifice something - or do you?!  Obviously, I'm a little lost and confused and eager and anxious and everything else.  I'm also getting rather burned out from all of it.  I just want to start this next phase!  It was a good weekend though, some highlights include ::

  • Beers at The Holy Grale - an old church converted to a bar, serving delicious brews and snacks
  • Hanging out on a front porch, sipping beers and listening to a thunderstorm roll in.  Sitting on the porch swing only made it a million times better.  The temperature was perfect for a night like that.
  • Seeing a bajillion houses and exploring more of Louisville's neighborhoods - it became tiring but it was totally worth it.  The only bonus to house hunting in the pouring rain is being able to tell if your basement was a leaker or not!
  • Party! Our friend had karaoke set up in his living room so towards the end of the night, I let loose. Old Time Rock n' Roll became my jam.

How were your weekends?  

17 comments:

Katie April 25, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

You're moving to Louisville?
I've only been reading this blog for a couple weeks, so I guess I missed something somewhere, but that's my town! My husband and I are moving back up in a few weeks and I can't wait.
Hopefully those storms didn't drive you too crazy. We've already passed the April record for rainfall and there's still a week left.

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} April 25, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

Oh I love that neon sign. I found myself whispering along. I never know how to pronounce Louisville!

jenna ♥ a little blue April 25, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

well i am glad you have prospects. :) i am definitely one of the people that when i know... i know. even if that means a few sacrifices ~ its such a huge decisions obviously that i am sure it's a little overwhelming sometimes.

i know you'll find THE ONE. :) and hopefully you will have that feeling!

Kristen April 25, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

I love letting loose with some karaoke ♥

vintch April 25, 2011 at 10:43 AM  

aaah sounds lovely. there's nothing quite like waiting for a storm to roll in, swinging in the wind and soaking up the clouds. sounds so magical:)

liza April 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM  

I'm definitely a "you just know" person. Something hits you. Snowing here - we broke the ski season record for snow this year. I kinda wish it would STOP!!!!! At least it melts quickly at this time of year. Have a great week, hopefully without rain up in the Chicago area.

ashley nicole catherine April 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

sounds like a good weekend, despite the rain! it's been SO long since i've done karaoke!

xo.ashley

stephiejane April 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

love that sign, so fun! what a great weekend it sounds like :) great karaoke song choice!

Johanna April 25, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

And now we have more rain...May better be the cat's pajamas!

Sandy a la Mode April 25, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

house hunting is soo fun! i would definitely say have your list of must-haves and prioritize it, that helps!

A Crimson Kiss April 25, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

Oh sweetheart, I had a feeling house hunting would eventually start to burn you guys out, and who could blame you?

I think when you find the right place, you'll know. You'll feel comfortable with the compromises (which I think there will always be at least one or two) and thrilled with the house. You guys will find it!

And if all else fails, use my mom's trick-if you dream about it, it's meant to be. This applied to houses, cars, dresses and my name.

Katie April 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

Oh, by the way--the local pronunciation is "luavl." If you say it otherwise, people will know immediately that you're from somewhere else and often say so (in my experience)!

Corinna April 25, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

SOunds like a great weekend, minus the rain! I can't imagine house hunting and deciding on one,but you'll end up in the one that just feels right and is meant to be!

Michelle {lovely little things} April 25, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

I just learned the appropriate way to say Louisville, apparently we butcher it on the West Coast.

Michelle April 25, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

Love Louisville...and I say, "Looavul"! You will know when you have found the right house. It can get overwhelming.

Brandi April 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

Karaoke? That sounds like so much fun! I had a lovely weekend though I'm now properly exhausted. The whole thing was focused around Easter and eating. I'll be a better commenter tomorrow. Time to pass out.

annelise April 26, 2011 at 4:07 AM  

I remember looking for houses to buy about a million years ago in another life and the only advice I have is that you just get this feeling when you walk into the right one. You just know that it's the right house for you. That said, I remember taking a couple of weeks off every now and then just to give my weary brain a rest!

Your weekend sounds like it was fantastic. Nothing like a good thunderstorm.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails