Weekend Recap


Yet another fine weekend for the books, my friends.  How about you?  The weather this weekend was pretty incredible - it's hard to even believe still because today is another dreary and chilly day.  Yesterday, I do believe the high was around 85.  SAY WHAT?  Oh yes.  It truly made for the most amazing Sunday in Chicago in a very, very long time.  Some highlights of the weekend include ::

  • Ordering in and spending the night on the couch together watching Breaking Bad and It's Kind of a Funny Story (it was kind of a funny story, thanks to Zach Galifiankis)
  • Megan's bridal shower! I had lots of fun on the way to, during and on the way home from the shower.  It was so nice to see her and all of her friends, plus it's pretty funny to say I spent my Saturday afternoon at the country club...
  • Dinner at Ciao Napoli.  Holy me oh my, this dinner blew my socks off.  Mainly because we splurged and had an appetizer, beer/wine, an entree each AND dessert.  We never do that, but it was so worth it.  Affogato, anyone?
  • Trivial Pursuit - we played against each other and lo and behold...I WON! I don't know if I've ever won TP in my life playing solo.  Especially against my husband, he is a really smart dude.  So needless to say,  I was pleased as (mo) pie.
  • Chicago Botanic Gardens (image above, although it really did not look that way).  Since the weather was perfect yesterday, we opted to spend our afternoon strolling through the gardens.  It was almost the perfect place to go, except for the fact that NOTHING was in bloom.  Okay, there were a handful of flowers in bloom and some veggies sprouting in the fruit and vegetable section, but other than that everything was pretty dead still.  It was kind of sad.  Plus, they should definitely lower the parking fare for off-peak seasons.  However, being outside for a few hours straight in a beautifully landscaped area when its 85 degrees in early April is pretty amazing if I do say so.
  • Homemade risotto.  Mmmmmm.
How were your weekends? If you were in Chicago, how did you take advantage of the beautiful day?

18 comments:

Anonymous,  April 11, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

naturally I was somewhere else, but it was a wonderful day here too!
I can understand your love for affogato, i absolutely adore it. My favorite is with chocolate and vanilla ice cream. And Zach is fun.

stephanie April 11, 2011 at 11:22 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend! We spent Saturday shopping and Sunday was for hanging out with a girlfriend and doing laundry. :)

The Olive Tree Blog April 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

It was almost 90 in KC...it was heaven!

Kirby Margaret April 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

sounds like a lovely weekend and such nice weather! We took a bus to DC for the day. we walked around and admired the cherry blossom trees! then just did errands and cleaned the apartment on sunday. the weather wasn't 85 though! you lucky girl xo

Mel April 11, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

It was perfect outside yesterday. We spent the afternoon with some friends strolling up and down Southport and having lunch outdoors. It was lovely! Happy Monday!

vintch April 11, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

i sometimes forget that you're in chicago. it's one of my favorite, favorite cities! so clean and so much to do! my uncle just bought a condo overlooking the lake, and i am super jealous. your weekend sounds perfect.

Natalie Suarez April 11, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

i love that image! i love weekends too! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION April 11, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

Sounds like an incredible weekend! And homemade risotto sounds so delish right about now...xo

Anonymous,  April 11, 2011 at 1:36 PM  

Have only been to Chicago once and it was in the Spring and it made me fall in love with the city!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket April 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

looks like you had such a perfect weekend. if only i could get my husband to some sort of park.. :) love the photos. it looks like the perfect picnic spot.

A Crimson Kiss April 11, 2011 at 2:04 PM  

I remember growing up that beating my dad at TP seemed impossible and so important-obviously I was over the moon when it finally happened! Sounds like a perfect weekend, darling-I'm glad the weather is finally warming up for you guys!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. April 11, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

sigh, the weather this weekend was fantastic!!! we went to a huge garden shop up north and out to lunch on sunday. i still need to visit the botanical gardens! adding it to my summer-to-do list. glad you had a good weekend! xoxo jcd

Amber April 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

The Chicago Botanical Garden looks amazing, I wish we had something like that in my little town. Oh and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today, it made me smile :)

emma April 11, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

what a beautiful picture!

Brandi April 11, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

My weekend was much too short but absolutely fabulous. I just wish I'd gotten more work done. And homemade risotto sounds so yummy...Glad you had such a good time!

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} April 12, 2011 at 8:26 AM  

Congratulations on the Trivial Pursuit win!
It was chilly in SF, but we got a lot of "wedding homework" done.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails