Yet another fine weekend for the books, my friends. How about you? The weather this weekend was pretty incredible - it's hard to even believe still because today is another dreary and chilly day. Yesterday, I do believe the high was around 85. SAY WHAT? Oh yes. It truly made for the most amazing Sunday in Chicago in a very, very long time. Some highlights of the weekend include ::
- Ordering in and spending the night on the couch together watching Breaking Bad and It's Kind of a Funny Story (it was kind of a funny story, thanks to Zach Galifiankis)
- Megan's bridal shower! I had lots of fun on the way to, during and on the way home from the shower. It was so nice to see her and all of her friends, plus it's pretty funny to say I spent my Saturday afternoon at the country club...
- Dinner at Ciao Napoli. Holy me oh my, this dinner blew my socks off. Mainly because we splurged and had an appetizer, beer/wine, an entree each AND dessert. We never do that, but it was so worth it. Affogato, anyone?
- Trivial Pursuit - we played against each other and lo and behold...I WON! I don't know if I've ever won TP in my life playing solo. Especially against my husband, he is a really smart dude. So needless to say, I was pleased as (mo) pie.
- Chicago Botanic Gardens (image above, although it really did not look that way). Since the weather was perfect yesterday, we opted to spend our afternoon strolling through the gardens. It was almost the perfect place to go, except for the fact that NOTHING was in bloom. Okay, there were a handful of flowers in bloom and some veggies sprouting in the fruit and vegetable section, but other than that everything was pretty dead still. It was kind of sad. Plus, they should definitely lower the parking fare for off-peak seasons. However, being outside for a few hours straight in a beautifully landscaped area when its 85 degrees in early April is pretty amazing if I do say so.
- Homemade risotto. Mmmmmm.
How were your weekends? If you were in Chicago, how did you take advantage of the beautiful day?