Weekend Recap + A Winner!


The weekends fly by so fast, and I know I can only chalk it up to having fun.  The weather was incredible, we caught up on our sleep and thoroughly enjoyed the early days of fall (yeah, yeah, fall doesn't start until a few days from now but it feels like fall).  Some highlights include ::

  • Family hangin'.  Despite the current difficulties drivers are facing between Kentucky and Indiana, we made it and it was worth it.  Chili, baggo, beer.  Repeat.
  • Loungin'
  • DRIVE-IN!!!  It was every bit as awesomely nostalgic as I had hoped.  We saw Contagion - I've been thinking of it non-stop and thoroughly washing my hands.  We also stayed for Horrible Bosses, which was hilarious (seriously, why would you not stay around for the double feature?!).  We set up camp, wrapped up in blankets and pigged out on candy.  Perfection.
  • Pajama Sunday, oh yes.  
  • Family hangin'.  Again, despite current difficulties drivers are facing between Kentucky and Indiana, we made it and it was worth it.  Halibut, birthday cake, wine.  Repeat.  Not really with that repeat...

So what did you guys get up to this weekend?  Something fun I hope.  And did you watch the Emmy's?  

Lastly...

We have a winner!  Random.org selected #50, Cathy from Fiscally Chic - congratulations! Thanks for playing, everyone! And a HUGE thanks again to Chelsea of a lovely, little shop. You are the sweetest!

21 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. September 19, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

sounds like a fantastic weekend!! and good to know those movies were winners-- ill add them to my future netflix list! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my ayofemi jewelry giveaway

Johanna September 19, 2011 at 8:58 AM  

That does sound like a perfect weekend. Bring on the Fall!

Anonymous,  September 19, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

A DRIVE IN how cool! I would love to do that! Also have seriously been debating on seeing contagion i am already a germ freak enough.
xx
Z

The Olive Tree Blog September 19, 2011 at 9:35 AM  

I used to go to the drive-in in highschool!...of course I was only allowed to go if my dad went too...lol! I really want to see that movie!!!

Cathy September 19, 2011 at 9:50 AM  

Yay! Thanks for randomly picking me!! Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. I've never been to a drive-in. We were in St. Louis for our last wedding of the summer.

rooth September 19, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

Oh my that sounds like such a fun weekend! How was Contagion? And how was watching it at a drive-in?!

Stephanie September 19, 2011 at 10:52 AM  

There is a drive in up near my family's cabin and we go every so often...it's so much fun!

Huckleberry Creative September 19, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

A drive in movie! How fun! Glad to hear your weekend was lovely :)

Johanna September 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

The georgetown drive-in is one of my favorite places!

A Crimson Kiss September 19, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

I can't get over the CUTE of the drive in-I've got to find me one of those! Sounds like a divine weekend, even if the drive was pretty painful!

Simply Camylla September 19, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Looks like you had a FABULOUS weekend!!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} September 19, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

Oh my...I love a drive-in movie! It's been way to long since I've been to one, though! I'm a little afraid to see Contagion...I'm already afraid of germs. Sheesh.

rebecca September 19, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

we were on the fence about contagion. sadly, we didn't go. my germaphobe self may NOT need to see it anyway.

Amber September 19, 2011 at 4:15 PM  

pajama Sunday sounds like heaven. I need to find a drive in nearby, they look like so much fun.

Tang September 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

I've only been to the drive-in once, and reading your post made me want to go again! Maybe on a date night. :)

Jess September 19, 2011 at 9:40 PM  

Ahhhh the Drive-In sounds so romantic! Yes, why is it that the weekends fly by so fast?

Tamra {ever swoon} September 19, 2011 at 9:44 PM  

Drive in theatre!! I've always wanted to do that. How fun! Glad you had a great weekend.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin September 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM  

The drive in?? I haven't been to one of those in years! Jealous!

this free bird September 20, 2011 at 12:07 AM  

Drive-in?!?!

I wanna go too!! You had the best weekend!

xo,
C

April September 20, 2011 at 12:32 AM  

Yay! I love drive-ins! My sister and I would always stay for the double feature. :)

angie September 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

i love drive-ins, but i wish i go to one more often. the last time i went to was to see Up, and that was maybe 1 or 2 summer ago..

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails