Thursday's Randoms


This bedroom has left me completely inspired.  There's something about the colors in here, the softness of it and that little pop of red.  It just leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy and I want to model our bedroom around it completely.  Luckily so does the hubs, so I think this may happen!


I've been laughing pretty hard over this one.  People are so creative - and I love a good pun, especially when paired with amazing illustration.   Via Paper Parasol


These Rachel Comey shoes (spotted during fashion week) have completely stolen my heart.   I want them.  Bad. Via Refinery 29


Today's weather has me all kinds of excited about this photo.  We don't have our fireplace ready to go but clearly we need to get on top of that.  I mean, it's 48 degrees outside and 65 in here! Is it too soon to have a fire inside?!  Thanks to Martha, I want to.


I am also really wishing I could eat a slice of this strawberry dream cake right about now.  It sounds so refreshing and delicious and it looks very pretty.


Last, these simple yet bold earrings from Kim Dulaney would make a perfect addition to my jewelry collection, don't you think?  I mean, they would go with practically everything in my wardrobe!

What has your heart today? And thank you so much for sticking with me this week.  Clearly, I've got today off.  It's tough not being at a computer to pay attention to this blog throughout the day, and once I adjust to my new schedule you'll be hearing mofe from me.  All I can say though is "what a week!" and by that it really means, "what a week of change!".  

Be sure to enter the giveaway!  You have until Sunday night at 10 pm eastern to enter.  Good luck!


30 comments:

colleen September 15, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

i love that bedroom! blue and white is where it's at for a bedroom. and so jealous of your fireplace...sigh.

what has my heart? the bergdorf goodman shoe department. it always does.

Anonymous,  September 15, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

Awesome inspiration photos! That bedroom is so, so cute. And the funny deer prints! And the fireplace picture definitely makes me feel warm and cozy!

classiq September 15, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

What a cosy bedroom with all the pictures above the bed and soft colours. And the fire place image with that gorgeous arrangement makes me loo forward for the months to come. :)
Ada

jillian :: cornflake dreams. September 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

I LOVE the idea of doing frames above a bed instead of a headboard. so interesting and unique. i also want some of that cake :) YUM! im glad your first week at the new job is going well! xo

Leslie September 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

I love that bedroom; it's so restful! I'm glad the husband likes it! Maybe it will come true. :) Lately, I'm really loving aqua/blue in the bedroom, and I want to drag some crystal lamps and make it romantic and feminine. But all the wood is gorgeous, and I know my honey would like it too!

rooth September 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

Those earrings are very unique and I like that bedroom as well!

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma September 15, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

LOVE the shoes and those earrings are perfect!

The Olive Tree Blog September 15, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

you left me inspired, need a fire and a piece of cake!

A Crimson Kiss September 15, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

PUNS-that card cracked me up! And that fireplace? I can smell the wood already!

Val Fox September 15, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Ohh I want those shoes too!!
-Val

kimbirdy September 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

ooo, i love so many of these things! we don't have an indoor fireplace, but we have a clay one outside. i can't wait till it's cool enough to enjoy it!

Amber September 15, 2011 at 1:16 PM  

I love a good pun too. That card is very cute. Hope your week is going well.

Tamra {ever swoon} September 15, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

haha great card!! that cake has my mouth watering, shall i bake a cake, or go get new earrings. hmmm

Stephanie September 15, 2011 at 1:29 PM  

Our weather here calls for a fire today. Too bad our apartment doesn't have a fireplace!

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots September 15, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Such a great collection of randoms! And I totally agree with you on that bedroom ~ so comfy!

Cara Kuhl September 15, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

love all your inspiration today, especially the fireplace... we are in the same boat needing to get ours ready asap :)

Cathy September 15, 2011 at 5:22 PM  

Oooh! Love that bedroom too! The cool blue with the warm wood. And I'm really enjoying the tree prints above the bed. A nice way to bring the outside in.

And I'm always a sucker for puns too!

stephanie September 15, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

That bedroom is awesome. And I could use a slice of cake right now. :)

Congrats on the new job!

Kirby Margaret September 15, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

DO IT GIRL! make that into your bedroom!

Kristen September 15, 2011 at 7:42 PM  

That bedroom makes me want to redo mine! ♥

... and I want those earrings, thanks!

Michelle September 15, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

I love everything about that bedroom.

Whim Wham Life September 16, 2011 at 12:03 AM  

Those shoes: outrageous. Must have. xoxo

Punctuation Mark September 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

that bedroom is perfect!!! have a lovely weekend!

rachel September 16, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

ahh, those shoes! love. happy weekend!

Marisa Seguin September 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Ohh those shoes are divine. I'd like to wear them while eating a slice of that cake so I can just admire then while eating delicious and pretty things.

Drew {Coral Cafe} September 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

That print is too funny!! and the fireplace image makes me all warm inside!

Anonymous,  September 17, 2011 at 7:48 PM  

48 degrees?! oh no no no! for the giveaway, can i win the cookies?
: ) theseunitedstatesofamericans

Jess September 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

I am in love with everything from this post! The "got game" card is too funny and I want that bedroom, and that cake!

Anonymous,  September 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

Awesome shoes! :)

alli/hooray September 22, 2011 at 6:49 AM  

That bedroom is beautiful! hope this week and new schedule is treating you a little better : )

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails