Our Labor Day weekend was really great. Was yours? I sure hope. I know you get the day off to do anything but labor, but yesterday was one of those days where you just do everything. Plus, the weather...oh the weather. It was the kind of weather weekend where we spanned 2 seasons in one weekend. And I liked it. Some highlights include ::
- First Friday Trolley Hop - All of the art galleries downtown participate by opening their doors well into the night and provide wine or beer for free! It's really fun and we saw some cool stuff.
- Not only did I see a bunch of art that night, but I met not one but two seriously cool new friends. I couldn't be more happy about that!
- Boston Cream Pie - it was our boy Billdog's birthday so what better way for me to celebrate than by baking a cake? I decided to make a BCP in honor of my grandma who nearly always made them for anyone's birthday in our family. It was, as expected, super delicious.
- A birthday party at a bar with a good band. Gotta love that.
- Sunday brunch (breakfast burritos w/fake sausage) and listening to the RAIN on our porch! 'Twas a sound I had not heard in quite some time...
- 60+ degree weather - holy crap, it was 103 degrees on Saturday, then Monday it's in the low 60s? Crazy town! We opened our windows, opened our french doors leading to the porch, let kitteh have one of the best days of his life and wore hoodies all day. Seriously. I LOVED it.
- Painted smokey blue on a dining room wall, stained our coffee table (which is a lot of work/steps when you buy cheap pine from lowe's), mowed the grass, made asparagus soup and put together our firepit.
- Ended the glorious weekend with our first backyard bonfire! Needless to say, it was incredible. We had friends, beers, s'mores and the perfect weather for wrapping up in blankets and sitting by the fire for 4 hours straight. Ahhh, perfection. I knew it was a good $40 well spent.
How were your weekends? I know you must have had good ones. Is it all of a sudden fall where you live? Happy Tuesday!