Weekend Recap + A Winner!


Well, it's Monday again.  No good.  No good at all.  But at least we had a restful weekend to get ready for Monday's ugly head.  Despite the weather being cold and dreary, it was a great weekend.  Some highlights include ::

  • We finally broke in the grill (even if it was half-assed, thanks to the cold front on Friday evening)
  • Hangin', chillin', relaxin' with some favorite people
  • Dutch baby! Mmm mmm mmm
  • Zappos outlet - I got a cute pair of Kork-ease for 50% off, but sadly, the whole reason we trekked the 20 minutes to Shepherdsville, KY was to return a pair of sneakers that did not fit the mister's size 13 feet was to indeed return them.  Turns out that's not allowed there.  But hey, I got some sandals!
  • Holy donkeys!  We stopped by the "world's most awesome flea market" and although awesome it was not (at all) there were some funny donkeys wrestling out front.  Worth it? Maybe...
  • Coals Artisan Pizza - yummy and a lovely atmosphere 
  • Thunder over Louisville! It was my first Thunder experience ever so naturally I insisted on being able to see the fireworks from some point of view.  It's not that I wanted to go and immerse myself in a crowd of over 500,000.  I just wanted to be able to sit next to my favoritest person ever and ooh and awe at the sky.  So we did.  From a very funny advantage point (across from a farm and seed store, in front of some other store, with a strange building in front of us, whatevs, it worked)
  • Reality Bites - seriously, when was the last time you sat down and watched?
  • Lazyish Sunday - we ran our errands and ate our lunch, but we took time to make fresh ravioli and start (finally) The Walking Dead

How were your weekends? Pleasant, I hope!  

Finally...we have a winner!  Lucky #38 - Amy B!  Congratulations, Amy! Thanks for playing, everyone! 

10 comments:

Leslie April 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend. Grilling sounds like such fun!

Gloria April 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM  

Zappos has outlets?! This is dangerous info to have :-)

Alexa April 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

Dude we had some insane thunder over the weekend, thought it was an asteroid landing on the house!

Natalie April 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM  

Reality Bites is one of my favorite movies! The soundtrack is quintessential 90s!

Unknown April 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM  

Yippee! I'm so excited for the gift certificate! Thanks for the awesome giveaway!

A Crimson Kiss April 23, 2012 at 2:25 PM  

Monday definitely came too soon this week...I'm ready for a three day weekend!

rooth April 23, 2012 at 3:44 PM  

Man, I still haven't grilled. Keep reminding me and I'll remember someday!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip April 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM  

Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend!

Michelle April 23, 2012 at 7:17 PM  

Glad you got to enjoy Thunder! It can get a little crazy!

rachel April 24, 2012 at 5:52 PM  

oh, I love Reality Bites! I don't even know how many times I've seen it...

p.s. thank you so much for your order, Meagan! very much appreciated :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails