Weekend Recap



{this is kind of how I felt this weekend}

It was the weekend, now it's Monday, blah, blah.  I'm sad it's over and quite frankly I just want to fast forward to Friday.  I love it when weekends are filled with sunshine and warm temperatures, causing you to energize and conquer.  That is exactly what this weekend held for us.  Some highlights include ::

  • Dinner + hot tub time w/the fam.  We brought Stevie over there for the first time and of course she figured out the only way into an area that left her trapped.  Her was rescued though, don't you worry ;)
  • Can I just talk about how much I love, love, love Parks & Recreation?  Every new episode gives my abs a great workout.
  • After breakfast on Saturday morning, I went out to buy more eggs to make the always delicious zucchini + blueberry bread.  I decided to stop at a new-to-me market and fell.  In.  LOVE.  They sell Intelligentsia coffe there!  And bulk bin everything!  I had samples galore!  And smelled so many flowers!  
  • My husband's mom stopped by for a quick visit and we ventured down to the nursery at the end of our road.  We've been wanting an evergreen to plant in front of our neighbor's junk pile to block it from our view.  We came home with a Spring Grove Arborvitae and planted it right there in front of the worst view.  A belated Earth Day treat.
  • Skyping with one of my bestests!
  • After a pretty severe evening thunderstorm (that brought a lot of hail to Churchill Downs on opening night) we stayed in for the night and relaxed on the couch with the pup.
  • Veggie Eggs Benedict, courtesy of the mister.  Followed by a trip to the Peddler's Mall.
  • Finally planting all of our seeds, transplanting the tomatoes and making the garden a reality!
  • Painting a spare bedroom this shade of gray, to match the print which resides over the fireplace

Accomplishing so much feels so good.  Getting time to relax afterwards before the work week starts again? Amazing.  

Here's to a great week ahead!

11 comments:

Jess April 30, 2012 at 7:52 AM  

Sounds like a lovely weekend! and that zucchini and blueberry bread sounds fabulous! I also loathe Mondays... but here's to Friday being around the corner... sort of!

m_b April 30, 2012 at 8:11 AM  

that's so cool about the evergreen and your garden! every year i say i'm going to plant one, but it's pretty hard on a balcony, so i just stick to my herbs. :) and zucchini/blueberry bread? amazing!

colleen April 30, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

I am a huge parks and rec fan too. huge! it is the best.

amy b.s. April 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM  

this sounds like a fantastic weekend. any time fresh bread is involved, i consider that a good weekend!

Leslie April 30, 2012 at 12:03 PM  

It sounds like a great weekend! I'm so impressed by all that you accomplished. :)

Sophie April 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM  

sounds like an all time perfect weekend! i love stumbling across new markets! and i need to get into parks and rec! sounds hilarious! x

Amber April 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

your weekends are always bursting at the seams with fun activities! Sounds like you had another fun filled weekend.

A Crimson Kiss April 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM  

I so wish it was already Friday, too–there's something about a really wonderful weekend you wish would never end!

Alexa April 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM  

Sounds like the perfect weekend! Wish it was still the weekend!

Michelle April 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM  

This DOES sound like the perfect weekend to me!

henning love May 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM  

yes i love love love parks and rec!! so glad the episodes are back and can give me deep laugh lines each thurs night

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails