Weekend Recap


{image and recipe}

What a beautiful weekend! It was so nice to just be at home, relaxing with my husband and the pets.  The weather was seasonal and the sun was shining.  Easter was a delight and as you can see from above, dessert was yummy.  Some highlights of the weekend include ::

  • Dinner and drinks at home, followed by a lovely round of Yahtzee sitting at our kitchen bar, just the two of us.
  • Going to bed early all three nights - we both needed it, badly.  I slept like a baby!
  • Husband's dad came over to hang out with us and help finish the garden bed.  They did a wonderful job and while we still have no soil, the bed is finished and ready to start growing veggies!  Stevie and I did a great job supervising ;)
  • Thai food! Lucky for us, the place down the street is delicious AND serves Textured Vegetable Protein in all their meals.  Hoorah!
  • Another quiet Saturday night, spent drinking champagne (me) and whiskey (him) while catching up on last week's Mad Men.  The Betty storyline is out of nowhere, but packed with drama.  I like it.
  • Sunday morning walk with Stevie.  She sucks at walks when we're both there.  Does anyone else have or had that problem?  Clearly the mister needs to take her on adventures just the two of them.  Yowzas.
  • Carrot Cake - it's been awhile since I have either eaten or made anything carrot cake related.  Boy am I glad I did!
  • We're total slackers and just now filed our taxes.  Oops! Nothing like waiting until the last minute...
  • Easter get together with the family! Salmon! Doggies! Cake!  Pretty awesome if you ask me.

How were your weekends? How were your Easters?! Any cute egg hunts?  It was such a beautiful day to celebrate the holiday.  I hope you all had a lovely time and I wish you all the best for the upcoming week!

20 comments:

rooth April 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM  

Oh gosh, I have to do my taxes this week as well!

Unknown April 9, 2012 at 8:57 AM  

Sounds like a perfectly delicious weekend!!

Natalie April 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM  

I feel the same way about the Betty storyline!

Leslie April 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM  

I had a lovely Easter! I wasn't too big of a fan of the Betty storyline, and then I was disappointed that she was pretty much out of the show this week. However, I think it's definitely going to be heating up soon!

Gloria April 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

Mad Men is so crazy this season - I can't believe January Jones agreed to wear a fat suit, haha!

Niina - My Paper Chaos April 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM  

Sounds like a really nice and relaxing Easter weekend :) that's pretty much how my weekend went as well. We all need that sometimes!

Caitlin C. April 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend - and if it involved carrot cake I'm sure it was :)

Alexa April 9, 2012 at 12:23 PM  

Oh my gosh what a wonderful weekend and that cake looks so yummy! :)

Mal April 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM  

Everything sounds wonderful! I <3 carrot cake

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Just White April 9, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

mmmm my mouth is watering!!!

Kimia Kline April 9, 2012 at 2:58 PM  

that cake looks delishhhh. happy easter!

Amber April 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM  

sounds like fun times were had by all. I wish we had a good Thai food place near my house. Although maybe its better that we dont since I would probably order it like everyday.

Mandy Crandell April 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM  

What a great weekend! And you're not the only one who was a little slow filing taxes. :)

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

A Crimson Kiss April 9, 2012 at 4:49 PM  

This truly sounds like the perfect weekend–and reminds me that I need to get on Mad Men!

Melanie April 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

I think the Mad Men storyline is strange, but I think January Jones was pregnant while they were filming -- in fact, if you look for it, it seems like they had a hard time hiding her belly!

rebecca April 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM  

just finished taxes too... reason enough to celebrate with a slice of cake.

Elizabeth April 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM  

It sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I just adore your blog by the way!

XO,
Elizabeth
www.tonicofwildness.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails