What a beautiful weekend! It was so nice to just be at home, relaxing with my husband and the pets. The weather was seasonal and the sun was shining. Easter was a delight and as you can see from above, dessert was yummy. Some highlights of the weekend include ::
- Dinner and drinks at home, followed by a lovely round of Yahtzee sitting at our kitchen bar, just the two of us.
- Going to bed early all three nights - we both needed it, badly. I slept like a baby!
- Husband's dad came over to hang out with us and help finish the garden bed. They did a wonderful job and while we still have no soil, the bed is finished and ready to start growing veggies! Stevie and I did a great job supervising ;)
- Thai food! Lucky for us, the place down the street is delicious AND serves Textured Vegetable Protein in all their meals. Hoorah!
- Another quiet Saturday night, spent drinking champagne (me) and whiskey (him) while catching up on last week's Mad Men. The Betty storyline is out of nowhere, but packed with drama. I like it.
- Sunday morning walk with Stevie. She sucks at walks when we're both there. Does anyone else have or had that problem? Clearly the mister needs to take her on adventures just the two of them. Yowzas.
- Carrot Cake - it's been awhile since I have either eaten or made anything carrot cake related. Boy am I glad I did!
- We're total slackers and just now filed our taxes. Oops! Nothing like waiting until the last minute...
- Easter get together with the family! Salmon! Doggies! Cake! Pretty awesome if you ask me.
How were your weekends? How were your Easters?! Any cute egg hunts? It was such a beautiful day to celebrate the holiday. I hope you all had a lovely time and I wish you all the best for the upcoming week!