Weekend Recap


What a weekend! I'm not-so-glad it's Monday again, because my weekend should have lasted forever.  Some highlights include ::

  • Happy Hour @ Nachbar  - we met Raegan & Murphy (cute pups) for a drink and ended up being joined by all of our other favorite people
  • Friday night in - we ate quesadillas, played with Stevie and watched TV all night
  • Rainy Saturday - our garden plans were foiled but we made it out to a nursery to look for trees (didn't find any) in between the rain showers and also caught up on laundry/groceries
  • The ballet! Raegan treated me to a date night at the ballet, which included dressing up and plenty of cocktails.  The ballet itself was a 60th anniversary celebration, taking the best of other stories and dazzling us with some of the most beautiful choreography + music you could imagine.  I loved every last bit of it! 
  • After the ballet, we stopped for a fancy cocktail at Meat
  • Sunday brunch - the mister's grandmother treated us to a delightful brunch at the Village Anchor.  It was sunny, the restaurant was perfect for the occasion and the temperature was just right.  It was so very good.
  • Gardening - we got our soil, mixed it all up, planted some argula and lettuce and felt pretty good about our accomplishments.  Followed by mowing and weed-wacking, it felt like an incredibly productive day.
  • Cards on the screened-in porch, followed by a fish supper, followed by an enjoyable and quiet evening together.

How were your weekends? As lovely as mine? I certainly hope!  Here's to a great and productive week ahead, my friends! And be sure to check back tomorrow for a very, and I mean very special post!

15 comments:

Leslie April 16, 2012 at 9:16 AM  

The ballet sounds like so much fun! What a great weekend. :)

Thelma Frayne April 16, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

Meat- what a great name!

I love ballet pictures. So soothing!

Unknown April 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM  

sounds like a perfect weekend!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. April 16, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

the ballet! how fun! i havent been since i was little :) xo

A Crimson Kiss April 16, 2012 at 12:44 PM  

You're right–those kinds of weekends really should last forever!

Alexa April 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM  

Had a great weekend, just sad that it is over! :(

Amber April 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM  

the ballet sounds like a lovely time. I wish I had someone to go see a show with. I dont think I can convince my husband to go with me.

rooth April 16, 2012 at 3:12 PM  

That sounds like an excellent weekend!

The Olive Tree Blog April 16, 2012 at 4:13 PM  

we planted arugula and spinach about a week or so and it is already growing!

Corinna April 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM  

Sounds mighty lovely, especially the ballet!

colleen April 16, 2012 at 8:49 PM  

the ballet never ceases to amaze me. their precision and strength and talent is really something else.

Stephanie April 16, 2012 at 9:00 PM  

Cards on the screened-in porch sound wonderful!!!!

Katie April 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

I haven't been to a ballet in so very long...I'd love to go see a performance. That sounds like a really lovely weekend. Why does Monday always sneak up?

Oh, and I don't know what nursery you went to for trees and such, but I know a couple of good ones for variety (though I don't know a thing about pricing).

Miss Amy April 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM  

Quesadillas and ballet. What better weekend could have occured?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails