Lunar Burn


Saturday night, Badger, Inna and I headed over to Lunar Burn to watch the most exciting and fascinating show I've seen in a very long time.  With an ice cold beer in hand, we watched from a distance as artists poured and poured iron and bronze into molds. It was in-cred-ible.  I mean, have you ever seen anything like this being done?  I've always wondered how crazy the process was and now I know.  I have such respect for everything that goes into this art form, cause it's not easy.  We ooh'd and aah'd all night long as sparks flew like fireworks across the studio. 

The studio itself was rather intriguing.  Every direction I turned there was something that caught my eye, like these heads:


There were bodies and heads and skulls.  Back by the bathrooms there was a whole other room for glass blowing.  It was so neat I can't even find the words to describe it. 

If you ever get the chance to see anything like this in the making - don't miss out on it.  I mean it.


4 comments:

Captain's Granddaugher July 19, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

ya! it was RAD! and HOT! Red HOT!

But HOT for sure. Both literally and metaphorically. Great post!

Anonymous,  July 19, 2010 at 6:17 PM  

wow. wow. wow.
I love to see how things are created. If it's art it's even better!!

Tiffany Kadani July 20, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

That's so neat! I one time went to an art show and in the back they had glass blowers and I was like "holy moly, that is too cool to see how it's made while it's being sold out front!" It was definitely a highlight.

Silver Strands July 20, 2010 at 11:21 AM  

Amazing, isn't it! Love to watch that kind of stuff.
oxox
Denalee

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails