Shutter Island




So we finally got around to watching this last night.  Both of us really, thoroughly enjoyed it.  I remember when it came out, there were so many mixed reactions that I sort of lost my huge interest in going to see it.  Alas, we decided to wait for it on dvd/Netflix.  It was worth the wait.  Have you seen it?  I don't want to give anything away but it was such a mind trip (literally) that I can't stop thinking about it.  Since we had waited so long to watch it, I kind of forgot what the premise of the film even was and I didn't bother to read the description on the Netflix envelope as I wanted to go into it blindly.  The acting is great - Leo honestly chooses such compelling roles/films.  Michelle Williams did a great job with her character as well.  So many questions left to answer...if you saw it, what did you think??

5 comments:

Anna-Maria July 15, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

Too frightened to watch it - actually turned off any radio commercials for it. Those of you who know me know that I am a big pussy. I could only watch it at a movie night w/Gus.

Noodles and Waffles July 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

Totally twisted movie. The music certainly didn't help ease the tension in the theater. I loved how it was shot like a Hitchcock film...especially the driving sequences.

Unknown July 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

Seriously is a twisted movie. And I agree with you about the music. My heart was racing from the get go! And now that you mention it, it was shot like a Hitchcock film. I like it even more now. Scorsese & Leo need to team up all the time.

this free bird July 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM  

Saw it in the theater and absolutely loved it. I was a little leery not entirely sure what I was going to get. Did Leo do an amazing job or what?

It was a total mind eff. I was left somewhat speechless in the end. A friend of mine who suffered mental illness in his early twenties said it was remarkably accurate in terms of how the mind plays tricks.

I thought the movie was fascinating. And Michelle Williams was great, too. Those kids? YIKES

-Carrie

Ms. Pink July 15, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

Liked the movie... LOVED the book... anything by Dennis LAhane is amazing, I highly recommend!

Love your blog :)

mp
http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails