Knock Knock!

Who's there?
Sherwood.
Sherwood who?
Sherwood like to be your valentine!



Yesterday afternoon, I hunkered down with cheese and crackers, water, all of my crafting supplies and a curious cat.  I began crafting some handmade Valentine's for very special people!  For some reason, Valentine's Day really brings out the crafty side of me.  For the past several years, I've brought out the pink and red construction paper, glue and scissors and have created a special card for my sweetie.  It's the only time of the year that I really ever do this - I just love cutting out hearts and having an excuse to do so.  This year, I wanted to send some to Kansas to three little cutie pies.  After searching for inspiration, I stumbled upon these gems and decided to copy but with my own spin.

I used pieces of my 2010 calendar that I couldn't bring myself to throw away, some leftover yarn and construction paper.  I wrote silly messages on the back, similar to the knock knock joke above.  For my nephew (who always rolls his eyes at these kinds of things) I gave him some advice:

What kind of flowers do you never send on Valentine's Day?

Cauliflowers.

He'll be rolling his eyes for sure.

These were a cinch to make - I whipped up 4 in an hour or so.  It also helped me familiarize myself with crochet a little more, even if it was basically just a chain stitch all the way around...

Wednesday night was a fun night that I made fun cupcakes for.  They were super delicious and very Valentine's Day appropriate...


(I apologize for the terrible, no good, very bad picture quality)

While they may not take the cake for best decorated, the decorative sugar really did make me happy.

What about you guys - does Valentine's Day bring out the crafty side in you? I'd love to hear!

13 comments:

Traveling Distances February 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Hehe the jokes are cute and so are your handmade cards. I've been feeling a little crafty and I think I'll whip up something over the weekend.

jeanette from everton terrace February 11, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

I think the jokes are quite fun. Last year I made heart garlands and sent them to my daughter, made husbands cards etc. this year I haven't been feeling it but I think I might bake something special - your cupcakes look divine to me.

ching February 11, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

i always like handing out stuff during valentines that are personally done by me.

Ashleigh February 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

It totally does! No idea why though! I have tons of scrapbook supplies that sit around unused until early February.

These are sooo thoughtful. I love the little jokes, what a sweet touch!

Have a fun weekend away, it sounds lovely!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

loved the joke haah sounds like something you would find on a laffy taffy wrapper! your cards are v sweet -great idea using an old calendar!! have a wonderful weekend :) !! its finally going to warm up a bit, break out the lighter coat! xoxo jcd

Danielle Moss February 11, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Super cute/cheesy joke. Love it :)

The valentines & cupcakes are adorable. I live in Chicago and love cupcakes. Save one for me!

PS -- we should get together for coffee or something.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts February 11, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

I would love to eat one of those right now! I have some monkeys that tell jokes like that- but roll their eyes when I do!

Brooke T February 11, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

It brought out the crafty side in me definitely! I made something for Mr. Charming but I can't post the DIY until he gets it! :) Love what you made it's so cute!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION February 11, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

Love the jokes! You are a crafty one...those Valentine's are so adorable! Hope you have a great weekend girl. xoxo

A Crimson Kiss February 11, 2011 at 1:53 PM  

I'm so glad someone else gets crafty on Valentine's Day-your cards are so sweet!

Amber February 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

well arent you crafty! Those Valentines are crazy cute. I wish I was more crafty. Oh and John Paul White is a shoe in for a Depp look alike, so dreamy :)

Michelle {lovely little things} February 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

Love your knock knock, haha too cute. Happy V Day!

milk tea + polkadots February 16, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

Those hearts are too cute! Your jokes made me chuckle..heh..heh. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails