Weekend Recap


Well, to say the least, this weekend was pretty fantastic.  Even though we got a late start on Friday evening, we managed to still spend a few hours drinking champagne in front of the fire.  But only half a bottle, because as soon as I popped the cork it shot up like a fountain and half the bottle went EVERYWHERE.   But a fire was built, drinks were had and knitting commenced.  Our villa was more like a charming cabin - it was absolutely adorable.  We had great views, ordered room service which included some freebies and took advantage of some of the resort's many amenities.

Some highlights include ::
  • Saturday afternoon cross-country skiing.  I'm not a skier.  I'm definitely not a skier.  But I enjoyed the flat surface aspect of skiing.  It was safe.  Plus, it was a great workout.  Oh and did I mention it was free?  Because it was.
  • Relaxing by the fire post skiing.  With knitting in hand and cute orange tabbies checking everything out right outside our windows.
  • Watching the KU game because the Big 12 Network came in!
  • Drinking beers in the lounge while a wedding party was being photographed right outside.  They were freezing, but they were happy.
  • Swimming + steam room.  Need I say more?
  • Dinner, which featured pasta, espresso-crusted steak for my main man, red wine and creme brulee. Heaven.
  • More fires.
  • Wine tasting at Galena Cellars.  6 samples for $3!  
  • Pizza
  • The home of Ulysses S. Grant.  
  • Hills - so many hills.  Snow-covered rolling hills.  Horses.  
  • 50 degree weather!!!!!
How were your weekends?  As adventurous as ever, I hope!  Happy Valentine's Day!!

14 comments:

jeanette from everton terrace February 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM  

A charming cabin, creme brulee and horses - sounds perfect to me.
My parents, who live out of town, came and spent the weekend with us which was very nice. Homemade soup and cards, lovely dinner out and a fun auction on Sunday, which was also my daughter's birthday :)

Noodles and Waffles February 14, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

Oh...I love Galena. Your weekend sounds fantastic. I spent mine knitting in front of my tv watching oodles of bad movies. It was great!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kirby Margaret February 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

sounds like a wonderful weekend you had! I just did a lot of running around, baked some cupcakes, went to goodwill, drank hot cocoa with my bff! Also had a little valentines dinner on saturday night. T is working tonight so I'm on my own. I'm going to watch the Bachelor...

Ren- Lady Of The Arts February 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Um-espresso-crusted steak, red wine and creme brulee. Yes PLEASE!

Ashleigh February 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

I was just coming by to ask about your weekend getaway and voila, there it is! That sounds
AWESOME!! Swimming & steam room, omg heaven. I did some research on B&B's in Galena but nothing transpired, I'm reinspired!!

Happy V Day to you, I love keeping up with you and so appreciate your sweet comments!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket February 14, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

Sounds AMAZING! I hate it when you pop the cork and loose half the bottle. After going to Paris- I have loving Rose Champagne.. mmm

stephanie February 14, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

Sounds like a really great weekend! I love all the knitting it sounds like you did. Will you be sharing photos soon? :)

A Crimson Kiss February 14, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

What an amazing weekend you had! John and I enjoyed a mini vacation that was equal parts relaxing and productive, which might be the best way to spend the weekend! Happy Valentine's Day!

xo, Lena

jillian :: cornflake dreams. February 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

this sounds ahhhmazing!! i need to talk to the bf asap about taking a trip to galena! who knew there was so much to do :) glad you two had a great time! xoxo jcd

Unknown February 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

Sounds fabulous! So many great boxes ticked!.. skiing, red wine, fires, horses.. ahhh.
Mine involved lots of cups of tea, walks by the seaside, sponge cakes and red wine!! Not bad either! x

Amber February 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

this sounds like a dream, Swimming + steam room! I cant wait till summer comes along so I can take a dip in a pool. Oh and 50 degree weather, way jealous over here :)

Alyssa Goodnight February 14, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Sounds divine! And I LOVE that picture!

Virginie's Cinema February 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

Sounds perfect! That picture is so beautiful too.

Now I want to drink champagne and eat creme brulée ;)

Virginie’s Cinema

Brandi February 15, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Pizza, fires, and snow? It sounds like a fantastic weekend in my book. Throw the creme brulee in and the deal is sealed.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails