Well, to say the least, this weekend was pretty fantastic. Even though we got a late start on Friday evening, we managed to still spend a few hours drinking champagne in front of the fire. But only half a bottle, because as soon as I popped the cork it shot up like a fountain and half the bottle went EVERYWHERE. But a fire was built, drinks were had and knitting commenced. Our villa was more like a charming cabin - it was absolutely adorable. We had great views, ordered room service which included some freebies and took advantage of some of the resort's many amenities.
Some highlights include ::
- Saturday afternoon cross-country skiing. I'm not a skier. I'm definitely not a skier. But I enjoyed the flat surface aspect of skiing. It was safe. Plus, it was a great workout. Oh and did I mention it was free? Because it was.
- Relaxing by the fire post skiing. With knitting in hand and cute orange tabbies checking everything out right outside our windows.
- Watching the KU game because the Big 12 Network came in!
- Drinking beers in the lounge while a wedding party was being photographed right outside. They were freezing, but they were happy.
- Swimming + steam room. Need I say more?
- Dinner, which featured pasta, espresso-crusted steak for my main man, red wine and creme brulee. Heaven.
- More fires.
- Wine tasting at Galena Cellars. 6 samples for $3!
- The home of Ulysses S. Grant.
- Hills - so many hills. Snow-covered rolling hills. Horses.
- 50 degree weather!!!!!
How were your weekends? As adventurous as ever, I hope! Happy Valentine's Day!!