Yellowbirds :: The Color



Today I really want to share with you some new music that I think you will love.  Yellowbirds is a Brooklyn-based psychedelic-folk-rock n' roll band - the solo project of my friend, the very talented Sam Cohen (Apollo Sunshine).

The debut album, The color, is set to release on February 15.  If you're in the New York area, check out the record release show on Saturday, February 12 at NYC's Cake Shop.  I wish I was able to be there!

Upon first listen, I was completely in love, which doesn't happen very often these days.  It usually takes me at least a few listens to really get into something, but with Yellowbirds I was hooked immediately.

Mr. Cohen himself (with the help of his very lovely wife, my good friend Sarah Graves) even screen printed 500 limited edition copies of The Color, available at shows but complimentary with a vinyl pre-order.



So take a listen to the tracks, feel free to download from the Yellowbirds site and/or preorder a vinyl copy today!  Happy listening!

15 comments:

Some Korean Website Highjacker February 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM  

great beat! love the vibe they bring, made me so relaxed listening to it. thanks for sharing. the mixed media art is stellar!

happy weekend and thanks for visiting. it does sound like you've got super fun plans for the month of feb. enjoy lovely. ♥

Amber February 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

I am digging this music. thanks for the heads up on this band

Nazlı February 5, 2011 at 11:41 AM  

I love the songs of them!
A friend of mine told me to listen to them and i really love them!

Diana Mieczan February 6, 2011 at 9:59 AM  

I really love this music:) Thanks, darling and wish you a brilliant Sunday
Muah

A Crimson Kiss February 6, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

I love a good music recommendation, and if you adore the music, I'm sure it'll be terrific!

the chirpy bird February 7, 2011 at 12:41 AM  

Ohh Fun! I'm always into discovering new music! Thanks!
xx tash

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick February 7, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

I've never heard of them I will have to give them a listen thanks for sharing :) I love finding new music.

audrey marie February 7, 2011 at 1:28 PM  

oh i love them! perfect for a sluggish monday!

Kimia Kline February 8, 2011 at 3:08 AM  

whata rad collage! and the name of your blog put such a smile on my face :) nothing makes me happier than pie.

Stephanie February 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

very enjoyable! thanks for sharing - love new music! :)

stephiejane February 8, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

i totally dig this!! wow apollo sunshine, i saw them perform at bonnaroo a few years ago...so cool those are your friends! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails