Weekend Recap


This photo is reflective of 2 parts of my weekend. 

1. Gus is a monster (that is not Gus pictured above, I can't take beautiful photos like that!) and is living the cat in that window's dream.
2.  We were that cat for most of the weekend, longing to be outside where there is life and play and fresh air and something good to eat.  There's something really sad about being sick on a Friday night.  But nothing a little Wet Hot American Summer couldn't cure.  

Some highlights include ::

  • Wet Hot American Summer
  • The Iron Lady (so good)
  • Lemon Pancakes
  • The Hunger Games (I finally got around to reading it and yeah, I'm hooked)
  • Jeopardy! Teen Tournament (catching a theme here? sick = tv galore)
  • Finally back to mostly healthy for a rainy Sunday getting out and about and having fun
  • Mother's Day - I got to talk with my mom who was enjoying lunch from a favorite restaurant and we enjoyed dinner with my mom-in-law where we devoured a chiffon cake and drank champagne while watching all the dogs play, play, play!

I'm so happy to be feeling better, have my man feeling better and be able to leave the house again!  Thank you for all your well wishes :)

How were your weekends? A very happy belated mother's day to all you mommies out there! 

14 comments:

Jaime @ laviejaime May 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM  

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Wet Hot American Summer- such a cult classic :)

Leslie May 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM  

I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to spend some time with those you love.

Mandy Crandell May 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

Glad you're feeling better! And lemon pancakes? Those sound really good. Did you make them yourself?

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

rooth May 14, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Yes that sounds like a pretty awesome weekend - nicely done :)

Emily | Recently May 14, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

So glad you're feeling better! The sad part is, sometimes I long to be in bed all weekend! :) Don't want to be sick though, so I guess I'll be happy with a nap here and there!

Alexa May 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM  

Oh my God that photo is perfection. Haha...the expression on the cat's face.

A Crimson Kiss May 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM  

There's nothing worse than a summer cold–it feels so wrong to be trapped inside when it's so gorgeous just outside the door! But I'm glad you guys are feeling better!

Stephanie May 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM  

Wet Hot American Summer is one of my all-time fave comedies. The bf had never seen it (even though I own it) so we just watched it a couple weekends ago. SO good!

Gloria May 14, 2012 at 1:45 PM  

Teen Jeopardy makes me feel so smart love it! Glad to hear you guys are feeling better!

Unknown May 14, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

lemon pancakes - ok i'm VERY interested!

*Much Bliss*
Erika~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Stop by and enter~FREE CUSTOM STICKERS GIVEAWAY~ it’s the perfect way to get your ‘brand/blog’ out there!

Amber May 14, 2012 at 2:07 PM  

I plan on watching the Iron Lady this weekend with my mom. Glad to hear you liked it.

The Olive Tree Blog May 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM  

ok I need to read the hunger games.


I love teen jeopardy ... I actually know the answers ;)

Michelle May 14, 2012 at 8:55 PM  

My daughter has me hooked on the Hunger Games. Great series.

alli/hooray May 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM  

Sounds like you made the best of it -glad you're feeling better! I've never had lemon pancakes before but just know I'd love them...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails