Friday's Fancies + Have an Exhilarating Weekend!

Friday's Fancies

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

Happy Derby weekend, everyone!  Now that I am a Louisville resident, I feel it's only right and natural to celebrate the town's beloved holiday.  I won't be attending the Derby this year and will instead be watching the race from the best seat in the house (my couch) with some good friends.  If I were to go this year, and had tons of dough to spend on tickets that weren't the infield, clothes and betting, I would likely be wearing something like this.  The Derby is a classy event and if you're going to dress up, you'd better be wearing a hat (people take it so seriously!).  I'm not a hat lady, so it's likely I'd just bring one along to have, to avoid the stares of disapproval!

Nothing screams Derby like D&G, right?  Paired with a turquoise MiuMiu shoulder bag, Stanwells coral wedges, a fancy Swarovski cocktail ring, Calypso St. Barth danglies and a bright pop of Nars nail polish in Amchoor by Thakoon, you've got a solid look that stands out, yet blends you right in with the other rich folks and celebrities floating around Churchill Downs.

What do you have planned this weekend?  I keep forgetting tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo.  We have plans to grill with our special Chicago visitors tomorrow, and I'm thinking that drinking mojitos will celebrate both holidays fairly.  Let's face it, mint juleps need carbonated water.  Am I right? Yeah.  I totally am.  

My mister has been out of town all week on business and he gets home in an hour and a half.  I can't hardly wait!  So here's to a great weekend, full of friends, food and fun!

Be sure to check out all the other Friday's Fancies at {long distance loving}!

18 comments:

Megan @ Pink O'Clock May 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

Those shoes.

I need them!

Have a great weekend, M.! xo

Gloria May 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM  

I want to go to the Derby wearing that beautiful hat someday!

Organized Danie May 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM  

Thanks for the comment :)

I love all the bright colors in that outfit!! It's so cute!

oh,henry! May 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM  

that dress!!! i want floral pattern on a white dress to fit me perfectly now, pretty please.

Stephanie May 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

Exhilarating? Yes please! I want an exhilarating weekend!

Love the derby outfit. I feel like it'd be great for a summer garden wedding, too!

liza May 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM  

Perfect outfit for it! I love to watch (always praying for no accidents!!), but have never been. It would be fun. Have fun with friends on your couch!

Alexa May 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM  

I would love to go to the Derby! Adore the outfit that you put together. Especially that gorgeous dress!

Amber May 4, 2012 at 1:23 PM  

that dress is pure loveliness! Have a grand weekend!

Lindsay [rookie's nest] May 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM  

LOVE all the colours! So beautiful! I missed reading your blog when I was away! So glad to be back and ready to catch up with what I missed :D

rebecca May 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM  

happy derby day! enjoy the HOLIDAY down there in louisville. :)

Unknown May 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM  

soo cute! I WISH I was going to the derby so badly.

The Pretty Pinhead May 5, 2012 at 12:22 AM  

Love everything- especially the NARS nail polish <3


I just found your blog and love it! Would love the follow back :)

The Pretty Pinhead

Katie May 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM  

Hope you enjoy the weekend! We're watching from Lexington :). I had to drive within a few miles of Churchill Downs yesterday and almost died! I think I definitely prefer watching from home! But yes, I'd go in a classy dress if I ever managed to brave the traffic--and that one is pretty darn perfect.

rooth May 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM  

I love those sparkly dangly earrings. Have a great weekend

The Olive Tree Blog May 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM  

I love your derby post! I seriously want to go...just so I can have a hat ;) !!

siddathornton May 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM  

i love all the pretty colors you've got going on in this look! that nars polish is pretty fabulous, as are the shoes! hope this weekend has been treating you well. happy sunday!

- l

Michelle May 6, 2012 at 8:49 PM  

The hat is so classic DERBY! Love it!

so anthro May 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

I LOVE this! So Derby perfect. Great colors and a bow on the hat? Adore it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails