Weekend Recap


Welcome back to Monday, friends.  The only reason I am into it being Monday today is that it means I'm that much closer to Saturday a.k.a. vacation day!  Because of that, I'm pretty positive that this week will drag and drag.  Whatever.  

How were your weekends?  Ours was pretty fantastic.  Some highlights include ::

  • Friday night pizza party!  Grilled pizza was a success!  We had carmelized onion + brie goat cheese, margherita and pepperoni + mushroom (I did not eat this one). Plus I made this for dessert (but with half cheesecake cheese, half mascarpone) I may or may not have drank too much wine too fast but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, my friends and the lovely weather.
  • After lounging around in our p.j.'s for most of the morning, we staked some plants in the garden that are growing like weeds.  This is a highlight because man, it feels good to successfully grow something from a seed. For the first time.  
  • Stevie's doggie class is really fun - she got to show off her mad skillz and she also learned a new trick in just a few tries.  Her definitely knows "leave it" quite well.
  • After entertaining and drinking so much on Friday night, we opted for a quiet night in.  We played some bocce under our cafe lights (that we strung in the trees on Thursday), ate fresh pasta with roasted summer squash, watched TV and saw the Thunder come back from behind to beat the Lakers again.  Not too bad of a Saturday night if I do say so.
  • Sunday brought us lunch at Bluegrass Brewing Company and a trip to the Water Tower/LVAA for the Buy Local First fair.  We sipped brews and perused handmade goods, hung out with Raegan (who was working the event and looked so hot and tired), ate some derby pie ice cream and stared at cute babies.  

Hope your weekend was amazing - and here's to a great week ahead!

16 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. May 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

bocce ball and grilled pizza! how european of you! sounds like a lovely weekend! xoxo jillian:: don't miss my $50 NOVICA giveaway!

Leslie May 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

I am glad you had such a great weekend, especially after being sick last weekend.

Gloria May 21, 2012 at 10:05 AM  

Fresh pasta with roasted squash sounds sooo yummy. What a fun weekend!

The Olive Tree Blog May 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM  

awww i miss doggie class...one dog mastered everything...the other didn't learn a thing...but it was still fun!

Amber May 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM  

I wish I could teach my dog the "leave it" command!

Stephanie May 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM  

bocce ball, outdoor lights hanging from the trees, fresh pasta, roasted squash, pizza party ... sounds like my ideal weekend! love it!

Alexa May 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM  

Sounds like the perfect weekend. And here's to a fantastic week ahead.

A Crimson Kiss May 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

This sounds like the most heavenly weekend–how I would have loved to be your guest on Friday night! Hope the week goes quickly!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip May 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM  

I want to live in your weekend!! It sounds amazing :)

April May 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM  

Sounds like an amazing weekend. I can't wait to move to Texas and have a fun party like that with too much wine. ;)

Carol {Everyday Delights} May 21, 2012 at 2:56 PM  

I was JUST telling Nick we need to do grilled pizzas soon! yours sound amazing!

rooth May 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM  

Sounds like a freaking fantastic weekend - mine was spent recovering from too much on Thursday and Friday nights sadly

colleen May 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM  

derby pie ice cream?! sign me up!

Gaby [The Vault Files] May 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM  

Ahh caramelized onion and goat cheese sounds very very good!

Jess May 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM  

Sounds like a pretty productive weekend! And I'm so proud of Stevie showing off his mad skillz!

Stop by my blog to check out my Giveaway Week for my birthday!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails