Welcome back to Monday, friends. The only reason I am into it being Monday today is that it means I'm that much closer to Saturday a.k.a. vacation day! Because of that, I'm pretty positive that this week will drag and drag. Whatever.
How were your weekends? Ours was pretty fantastic. Some highlights include ::
- Friday night pizza party! Grilled pizza was a success! We had carmelized onion + brie goat cheese, margherita and pepperoni + mushroom (I did not eat this one). Plus I made this for dessert (but with half cheesecake cheese, half mascarpone) I may or may not have drank too much wine too fast but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, my friends and the lovely weather.
- After lounging around in our p.j.'s for most of the morning, we staked some plants in the garden that are growing like weeds. This is a highlight because man, it feels good to successfully grow something from a seed. For the first time.
- Stevie's doggie class is really fun - she got to show off her mad skillz and she also learned a new trick in just a few tries. Her definitely knows "leave it" quite well.
- After entertaining and drinking so much on Friday night, we opted for a quiet night in. We played some bocce under our cafe lights (that we strung in the trees on Thursday), ate fresh pasta with roasted summer squash, watched TV and saw the Thunder come back from behind to beat the Lakers again. Not too bad of a Saturday night if I do say so.
- Sunday brought us lunch at Bluegrass Brewing Company and a trip to the Water Tower/LVAA for the Buy Local First fair. We sipped brews and perused handmade goods, hung out with Raegan (who was working the event and looked so hot and tired), ate some derby pie ice cream and stared at cute babies.
Hope your weekend was amazing - and here's to a great week ahead!