Oh, what a weekend! After spending most of last week alone while the hubs was away on business, I was rewarded with an extra fun weekend with visitors from Chicago. We celebrated Derby just right, got a heaping dose of cute from watching Stevie and Konrad (a goldendoodle!) play non-stop and soaked up every last bit of Louisville's perfect weather. Some highlights include ::
- Watching Stevie and Konrad meet and greet. They really did well with each other, especially considering Steves can be a real brat sometimes. Konrad, you are such a patient pup!
- Pizza + Booze + Oaks + Louis C.K. + friends = fantastic Friday night
- Our friends happened to have their offer accepted for a house outside of Chicago on Saturday, so naturally we celebrated!
- Outdoor fun - we bought stuff to grill, had drinks, played Bocce, watched the dogs play, laughed a lot and ended with sitting around a fire.
- The Derby! We watched comfortably in our living room and cheered on our chosen horses. Based off name alone, I chose Bodemeister. I thought I had done so well for 3/4 of those 2 minutes, but I'll Have Another finished what Bodemeister started. None of us chose I'll Have Another to win so we all basked in the glory of the name and did just that :) Is it just me, or is that possibly the greatest winning name of all time?!
- Before we said our goodbyes on Sunday, we went out to have brunch at Wild Eggs. That place is always delicious.
- We bid farewell to our friends, mowed the grass and played another round of bocce before retiring for the day
How were your weekends? Spectacular, I hope. Here's to a great week ahead!
Be sure to check out The Snackpot - my friend Jacob has got a pretty great thing going, and it launches today! Here's a funny video from Pitchfork 2011 that The Snackpot put together.