Friday's Fancies + Have a Sweet Weekend!

Friday's Fancies


Happy Friday, everyone!  TGIF, as they say...because it's been a long week in my opinion.  Some crazy things have been happening around our neck of the woods.  Our septic system is completely replaced but our yard is no longer a yard but rather a dirt field.  Goodbye, grass.  I'll miss you dearly.  And since we have to wait for it to settle, which means there needs to be at least 4 or 5 good rains, we probably won't be seeing our yard as a yard for a long time.  But hey, no more gross standing water, yay!

We don't really have much planned for the weekend, other than the usual - obedience school, probably a trip to Lowes or Home Depot and hanging out.  We might catch a movie, spend time on the porch and hopefully spend quality time with friends! What do you have planned?

This week's Friday's Fancies is about color blocking.  I love this trend and find that you can make it work with just about anything.  Lately I've been preferring colored shorts and basic tees.  Honestly, the two ensembles above pretty much reflect my declared summer wardrobe of 2012.  It's simple, easy to accessorize and is super comfortable.  A match made in heaven if you ask me.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone! xoxo.

12 comments:

rooth June 22, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

The Balsa top by Joie is just about perfect for every summer time event. Now they need to just lower the price by 2/3rds!

Amber June 22, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

cute looks. I think I prefer the peachy shorts myself. Its such a happy color. Have a great weekend!

Tiffany June 22, 2012 at 12:18 PM  

Great combos! I'm probably going to buy the llama necklace now...lol

Kyla June 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM  

I love these outfits! Colored shorts are so much more fun than plain denim.

Gloria June 22, 2012 at 12:51 PM  

Glad the septic system is all fixed! That stinks about your lawn though - some green spray paint will fix that dirt right up :-)

April June 22, 2012 at 2:01 PM  

Glad your septic system is all fixed! Hopefully your yard will grow back soon! haha I love the outfits you put together.

A Crimson Kiss June 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM  

This look is genius–and hopefully, the perfect thing to take your mind off your dirt yard. What a pain!

k June 24, 2012 at 1:49 PM  

those sandals rock

Mandy Crandell June 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM  

Seriously, how cute is that necklace?! Really love these outfits. Hopefully your yard will be a little more normal looking soon. :)

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Alexa June 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

Um....both?! :) Hope you had a marvelous weekend my friend!

The Olive Tree Blog June 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM  

I love the THIS look :) sounds like a divine weekend ;)!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails