Weekend Recap



Monday...nooo!  Did this weekend really even happen? It kind of doesn't feel like it did because I know I'm not even close to being ready for it to be Monday again.  Sigh.  Here are some highlights of the weekend :: 
  • Unexpectedly, I had the night to myself on Friday.  Mr. Badger flew to Milwaukee for business and was due to return home that same day, but a three hour delay meant missing his connecting flight which meant finding a hotel and coming home on Saturday morning.  Not exactly a highlight but you better believe I watched some guilty pleasure shows while snuggling with the pooch.
  • Saturday morning was lovely.  Thunder clapped all morning long, waking me up and realizing my favorite sleep-in conditions were underway - thunder, rain and a quiet dog.  I woke up before her!  We brewed coffee, ate yogurt and snuggled under a blanket and read Catching Fire.  
  • Husband got home and immediately took a nap to rest up for doggie school and the big move.  Stevie's really not so good at being left alone while people move stuff, but other than her incessant barking and whining and escaping once, everything went really well!  Ann's house is gorgeous, the move wasn't as grueling as it could have been and the ominous storm that threatened to ruin our plans stayed at bay.  
  • I made both these doggie treats for class and these popsicles for the impending hot weather.  Thanks for being awesome, Rachel
  • Our father's day gift to husband's dad was an engraved bottle of his favorite bourbon.  Our neighborhood liquor store was hosting a Saturday night event to have these bottles etched but we couldn't be there because of the move.  So we bought a bottle and left our request for the engraving.  They called later to tell us what we wanted was too many characters so we had to shorten it.  Everything we tried for didn't work so he decided to go with his dad's name.  Then they got the name wrong!  We didn't know until we picked it up, long after the event was done.  I haven't been able to stop chuckling about it since!
  • Pool time - Stevie was so curious and scared altogether. However, a raft and her cousin, Canuba, lured her in for her first surfing experience.  She looked paralyzed with fear but had lots of fun.  
  • Talking to my stepdad back in Kansas.  He caught me up on the latest and greatest about our always growing family (one new baby on my birthday and one due any minute!).

How were your weekends?  Wonderful, I hope!  I've got my fingers crossed that this week will be good.  We are beginning the process of replacing our busted septic system (eek) and the mister has to go to Chicago for work.  But....here's to a great week ahead!

12 comments:

Leslie June 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM  

What a busy weekend! It sounds like you also will have a busy week, but I hope everything goes smoothly.

Sophie June 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM  

your saturday morning sounds like pure heaven!

Jess June 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM  

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I will be dreaming of swimming at the pool this week!

Gloria June 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM  

What a fun weekend - Stevie is so brave for getting into the water!

rooth June 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM  

Busted septic system? That does NOT sounds fun, particularly in the summer. I hope you get that taken care of soon

Stephanie June 18, 2012 at 10:44 AM  

I miss summer thunderstorms. We don't get them too often here in SF.

Amber June 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM  

that is a jam packed weekend. I cant believe the drama revolving around the liqueur for your father in law. Oh well, at least you all have fun story :)

The Olive Tree Blog June 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM  

lovely weekend! your friday night and sat morning sounded heavenly!

A Crimson Kiss June 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM  

I love those chilly mornings curled up in bed–so glad the rain held off for the move! Good luck with the septic tank–that sounds positively miserable!

Alexa June 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM  

Ah sounds lovely...but busy! :) We also had a good weekend. So sad it's over.

alli/hooray June 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM  

"My favorite sleep-in conditions were underway" - made me laugh. I always jump at an opportunity like that. : )

size too small June 20, 2012 at 4:12 AM  

morning thunderstorms, snuggling in bed are also my favorite!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails