Monday...nooo! Did this weekend really even happen? It kind of doesn't feel like it did because I know I'm not even close to being ready for it to be Monday again. Sigh. Here are some highlights of the weekend ::
- Unexpectedly, I had the night to myself on Friday. Mr. Badger flew to Milwaukee for business and was due to return home that same day, but a three hour delay meant missing his connecting flight which meant finding a hotel and coming home on Saturday morning. Not exactly a highlight but you better believe I watched some guilty pleasure shows while snuggling with the pooch.
- Saturday morning was lovely. Thunder clapped all morning long, waking me up and realizing my favorite sleep-in conditions were underway - thunder, rain and a quiet dog. I woke up before her! We brewed coffee, ate yogurt and snuggled under a blanket and read Catching Fire.
- Husband got home and immediately took a nap to rest up for doggie school and the big move. Stevie's really not so good at being left alone while people move stuff, but other than her incessant barking and whining and escaping once, everything went really well! Ann's house is gorgeous, the move wasn't as grueling as it could have been and the ominous storm that threatened to ruin our plans stayed at bay.
- I made both these doggie treats for class and these popsicles for the impending hot weather. Thanks for being awesome, Rachel!
- Our father's day gift to husband's dad was an engraved bottle of his favorite bourbon. Our neighborhood liquor store was hosting a Saturday night event to have these bottles etched but we couldn't be there because of the move. So we bought a bottle and left our request for the engraving. They called later to tell us what we wanted was too many characters so we had to shorten it. Everything we tried for didn't work so he decided to go with his dad's name. Then they got the name wrong! We didn't know until we picked it up, long after the event was done. I haven't been able to stop chuckling about it since!
- Pool time - Stevie was so curious and scared altogether. However, a raft and her cousin, Canuba, lured her in for her first surfing experience. She looked paralyzed with fear but had lots of fun.
- Talking to my stepdad back in Kansas. He caught me up on the latest and greatest about our always growing family (one new baby on my birthday and one due any minute!).
How were your weekends? Wonderful, I hope! I've got my fingers crossed that this week will be good. We are beginning the process of replacing our busted septic system (eek) and the mister has to go to Chicago for work. But....here's to a great week ahead!