If there is a theme to this weekend, it would surely be, "surprise!". We schlepped ourselves up north to Chicago, "surprising" one friend and actually really surprising a few others. It was a fond farewell to two of my very favorite people who are moving on to bigger and better things. I can say it is now officially the end of the Chicago chapter for the founders of Mo Pie, Please (yes, there used to be 3 other lovely ladies sharing awesomeness with you all). Some weekend highlights include ::
- Friday night pizza + True Blood + early to bed
- Leaving Louisville on schedule with donuts in hand, thank you very much
- Hanging out with friends like old times - damn, it felt so good.
- "Surprising" our friend Bart, who had unfortunately guessed his surprise, but it was still a happy moment.
- Surprising more friends - they were genuinely surprised, hoorah!
- Enjoying a warm Chicago evening outdoors with grillins, Chicago friends, music and beers. It really was such a lovely going away party.
- Hanging out with our little buddy, Liam. He is 16 months old now - holy smokes!
- Brunch on the square like old times, followed by a stroll through the Logan Square Farmer's Market - this used to be a weekly activity for the mister and myself. We totes stocked up on what we could (me, soap; him, pickled mushrooms; plus some amazing strawberries and cherries for the ride home).
- Smooth sailing drive back to Louisville, just in time to pick up Stevie before the pet resort closed.
How were your weekends? Wonderful, I hope! Here's to a great week ahead!