Friday's Fancies + Have a Perfect Summery Weekend!



 Happy Friday, friends! I have been looking forward to the weekend since Monday and I'm so glad it's finally here!  I've been busy this week, between covering at work for a vacationer, taking Stevie to a bar (that really happened), buying and painting samples for our stairway (we're thinking gray but we're open to suggestions), exercising and much more.  So naturally, this weekend calls for a lot of r n' r at our friend's lake house.  We'll be heading due north in a few hours, with the pooch in tow (her first vacation!) for some time playing cards, drinking wine, watching doggies play, the Olympics (!) and hang time with little Liam!  I am pretty excited, can you tell?

This week's Friday's Fancies is a take on our favorite summer-time treat.  I wouldn't go so far as to say "peaches and cream" is my favorite but it sure is up there.  It also translates quite nicely into an easy weekend-at-the-lake palette, don't you think?

What are you up to this weekend? Something magical and summery, I hope.  Can you believe it's almost August?!

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

13 comments:

Jess July 27, 2012 at 10:53 AM  

I've been loving this week's Friday's Fancies inspiration! That Champagne Tote is "totes" adorbs and I love that peach top! It reminds me of a ballerina! Also, I've seen some prints like the one you found at World Market that I've been eying.....

Kyla July 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM  

Oooh, I haven't had peaches n' cream since I was a kid and my mom used to make it for me :) I'm seriously loving that tote bag...

rooth July 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM  

Peaches & cream! It also makes me think of that R&B song by 112 :)

jeands July 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM  

love the color combo, so refreshing in the eye. I love that peach top, I think I need one in this color in my closet.

Amber July 27, 2012 at 11:46 AM  

Well have fun at the lake house! That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

Stephanie July 27, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

This outfit is peach perfection. I love that top!

Michelle July 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM  

Beautiful peachy colors.

Sara July 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

Great look! What a cute bag...I love the quote! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)
Cheers,
Sara
www.SocialSara.net

The Preppy Student July 29, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

I love the colors of this look. peaches n'cream- I used to have oatmeal in this flavor. I love your blog name! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a great weekend :)

colleen July 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM  

that tote bag is so great - what a find!

Alexa July 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM  

Love this outfit. That tote is fantastic!

katie walker July 31, 2012 at 9:39 AM  

love this colour combo! and that shirt is adorable!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails