Weekend Recap


Hello!  We're back from the lake, back to reality and happy to be home.  We had a great time down in Tennessee and look forward to our return.  Some highlights of the weekend include ::


  • Hanging out with the mister's grandpa.  We were the only visitors there for 24 hours so we dined and drank beers together and the next morning, David got a lesson in furniture making from the expert himself.
  • 7 acres of sunflowers! It felt as if I was stepping foot in Kansas again, but lo and behold, it was Tennessee.  His grandpa planted 7 whole acres, mainly to attract creatures for hunting season (boo), but boy were they beautiful.  Despite the severe drought and severe temperatures, they were thriving.
  • An afternoon of boating - it's what we do best down there.  Ride around on the boat, jump in the water, eat snacks, repeat.  
  • Grilled veggie kielbasa, macaroni + cheese, potatoes...mmm.
  • Hysterical laughter ensued every evening.  A day in the sun can do that to you pretty easy.
  • A full day of boating - I couldn't tell if I was standing still or afloat while taking a shower afterward.  I took turns between the sun and the shade, had great conversation with my in-laws and enjoyed doing so little.  
  • We had one of the strangest adventures in recent history as we pontooned it across the lake, hopped on an unsafe contraption and went to the weirdest fish fry I've ever been to.  Weirdest/funniest/craziest/scariest/idontknowhowtoexplain kind of night.  Oh. My. God.  Oh. My.  Wow.
  • Laughing for hours on end about the above experience - pretty priceless.

We packed up and left Sunday morning, had an easy drive home (while listening to this), reunited with Stevie (!) and chilled out at home.  'Twas a great weekend, my friends.  A great weekend indeed.

How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!  Here's to a great week ahead! 

13 comments:

Anna @ IHOD July 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

Ahhh the essence of summer!
Sounds like so much fun:)

rooth July 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM  

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. It rained here all weekend so most of what I did was indoors - which is completely fine with me. Rain keeps the wildfires away

Leslie July 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM  

What a wonderful weekend! Mine was lovely with two trips to the pool and a Coldplay concernt. :)

Gloria July 9, 2012 at 9:06 AM  

I want to know what happened at the fish fry :-) This sounds like the perfect summer weekend!

April July 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

Sounds like a great trip! I can only imagine this fish fry. There's no telling what you got into up there!

Laicie July 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM  

Sounds wonderful!! And looks beautiful. Reminds me how much I need a trip to the lake.

A Crimson Kiss July 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM  

What a wonderful weekend–7 acres of sunflowers sounds downright divine! It was chilly in SF, so there were lots of sweaters, blankets and wine in my weekend!

Amber July 9, 2012 at 1:52 PM  

I would love to see pics f that sunflower field! It sounds beautiful.

Miss Amy July 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM  

7 ACRES of sunflowers?!? That is incredible! Tennessee is really so beautiful - glad you had fun! I was in Sedona, Arizona with my parents visiting from NY. It's always great to take people there who aren't used to the crazy AZ heat/landscapes. Seeing the area with new eyes is always appreciated.

Alexa July 9, 2012 at 3:44 PM  

Oh my goodness what an experience/adventure! Haha. Glad you had a good time!

Katie July 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM  

Oh man, I want to hear about that fish fry, though it sounds like it was basically indescribable. Left you speechless, I guess?

Johanna July 11, 2012 at 2:34 PM  

You make me long for boating days. You can't beat those!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails