Hello! We're back from the lake, back to reality and happy to be home. We had a great time down in Tennessee and look forward to our return. Some highlights of the weekend include ::
- Hanging out with the mister's grandpa. We were the only visitors there for 24 hours so we dined and drank beers together and the next morning, David got a lesson in furniture making from the expert himself.
- 7 acres of sunflowers! It felt as if I was stepping foot in Kansas again, but lo and behold, it was Tennessee. His grandpa planted 7 whole acres, mainly to attract creatures for hunting season (boo), but boy were they beautiful. Despite the severe drought and severe temperatures, they were thriving.
- An afternoon of boating - it's what we do best down there. Ride around on the boat, jump in the water, eat snacks, repeat.
- Grilled veggie kielbasa, macaroni + cheese, potatoes...mmm.
- Hysterical laughter ensued every evening. A day in the sun can do that to you pretty easy.
- A full day of boating - I couldn't tell if I was standing still or afloat while taking a shower afterward. I took turns between the sun and the shade, had great conversation with my in-laws and enjoyed doing so little.
- We had one of the strangest adventures in recent history as we pontooned it across the lake, hopped on an unsafe contraption and went to the weirdest fish fry I've ever been to. Weirdest/funniest/craziest/scariest/idontknowhowtoexplain kind of night. Oh. My. God. Oh. My. Wow.
- Laughing for hours on end about the above experience - pretty priceless.
We packed up and left Sunday morning, had an easy drive home (while listening to this), reunited with Stevie (!) and chilled out at home. 'Twas a great weekend, my friends. A great weekend indeed.
How were your weekends? I'd love to hear! Here's to a great week ahead!