- Stevie was so perfect on the road. She didn't complain at all and cooperated fully at every stop. Thank goodness.
- After we arrived at the lake house, we were treated to delicious dinner that included shrimp + veggie skewers, played Euchre, drank wine and tolerated some crazy doggies being, well...crazy.
- Saturday was a pretty glorious summer day. There was a slight chill in the air, Peanut was adorable as ever (and he learned how to say Mo!), the sun was beaming, the water was refreshing and Olympics were watched. We took the boat out and admired all of the exquisite homes that surround Lake Maxinkuckee. The water sparkled and the sunset was perfect. It was the epitome of a glorious summer day. That is, if you ignore the doggie back in the house who would not stop barking! Or the swollen, painful big toe that my husband suffered through.
- Wine, euchre, Olympics. Yes, yes, yes!
- Italian dinner, Olympics, resting up before what will surely be a big week.
How were your weekends? I'd love to hear! Are you as pumped about the Olympics as we are? We watched field hockey and table tennis last night, too. It's not nearly as fun to watch as swimming, diving and gymnastics but it's so much fun to see so much variety!
Here's to a great week ahead!