Weekend Recap



Hello, Monday. I'm not so excited to see you, but I suppose there's nothing that can be done about that. You always come too soon after Friday, Saturday and Sunday treat me so well.  And you take forever to get through.  Ah well.  I think it's safe to say I had a lovely weekend.  Some highlights include ::


  • Stevie was so perfect on the road.  She didn't complain at all and cooperated fully at every stop.  Thank goodness.
  • After we arrived at the lake house, we were treated to delicious dinner that included shrimp + veggie skewers, played Euchre, drank wine and tolerated some crazy doggies being, well...crazy.
  • Saturday was a pretty glorious summer day.  There was a slight chill in the air, Peanut was adorable as ever (and he learned how to say Mo!), the sun was beaming, the water was refreshing and Olympics were watched.  We took the boat out and admired all of the exquisite homes that surround Lake Maxinkuckee.  The water sparkled and the sunset was perfect.  It was the epitome of a glorious summer day.  That is, if you ignore the doggie back in the house who would not stop barking! Or the swollen, painful big toe that my husband suffered through.  
  • Wine, euchre, Olympics.  Yes, yes, yes!
  • Italian dinner, Olympics, resting up before what will surely be a big week. 

How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!  Are you as pumped about the Olympics as we are?  We watched field hockey and table tennis last night, too.  It's not nearly as fun to watch as swimming, diving and gymnastics but it's so much fun to see so much variety!  

Here's to a great week ahead!

9 comments:

Laicie July 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM  

Sounds like a perfect weekend!! We're totally obsessed with the Olympics -- yes. Watching every chance we get.

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots July 30, 2012 at 11:39 AM  

Sounds like the perfect weekend! I usually hate sitting in front of the tv but the Olympics are definitely an exception!

jeands July 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM  

my weekend was a busy one, that being said I haven't seen the olympics! ;(

Amber July 30, 2012 at 1:10 PM  

It sounds (and looks) like you had a great weekend. I haven't been watching too much of the Olympics besides gymnastics and the opening ceremony of course.

Michelle July 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM  

Sounds like a relaxing weekend! I want one of those!

alli/hooray July 31, 2012 at 6:57 AM  

The Olympics are SO good! Loving it so far. Glad you had a great weekend.

Johanna July 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM  

Pics of your pooch just kill me everytime! So fun!

Miss Amy July 31, 2012 at 1:42 PM  

Sounds like an amazing weekend. They always fly by so fast! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails