Monday, again? Dang it. Doesn't it always seem like it's Monday?? I'm particularly loathing Monday this week because it means a) I am husbandless for a few days and b) work will be crazow and c) well, c is a given - Monday just plain sucks. It was a really terrific weekend. Some highlights include ::
- Hang out / hot tub time / playing doggies / cooler-than-usual evening - the sister-in-law's house is marvelous and the hot tub ain't too shabby either ;)
- Lunch with D's grandma - indulging in Olive Garden is always fun and catching up is pretty great too.
- Schimpff's Confectionary - Poodle Skirts, an Elvis impersonator in front of a hot pink Bel-Air, 50% off soda fountain treats and candy dating back to the beginning of 1900s...pretty dreamy, if you ask me. It was crowded which tends to shoo us away but we didn't leave without some cream-filled chocolates!
- House & yard work - the act of doing the housework is not so much a highlight (although it somewhat is) but accomplishing everything certainly is.
- After a crazy busy social week, it was nice to have a quiet night in on the couch.
- Hiking - we hiked the Purple Heart Trail at Jefferson Memorial Forest, just south of Louisville. I really wanted to spend some time in nature and dip my feet in some lake water. I got my nature time, certainly, but no lake time. Whatever, I'll take care of that next week :)
- My Week With Marilyn - I love Michelle Williams and I love Marilyn Monroe so it was a match made in heaven.
How were your weekends? Excellent, I hope. My fingers are crossed that the week ahead goes by smoothly. Here's to a great week ahead!