Office :: Organized



cord clips // magazine file // hands // desk lamp // shelf // pencil cup // desk 

Lately, I've been overwhelmed by the desire to completely finish everything in our house.  It's been a year, folks, and we still haven't hardly put together the office in which the mister works out of every M-F.  There is something really wrong with that, because we've had a lot of time to do so.  It's one of the rooms we've neglected altogether - it's still the original paint color from when we moved in, there were piles and stacks of things that had have no home, the liter box is just...there, the bookshelves were in disarray.  The weekend before last, we hunkered down and cleared out the ridiculous amounts of paper stacked up everywhere (and not so much in stacks, really, more in random chaotic piles).  We kind of shoved things in the closet (although I honestly need that closet to look like this) and made some space for a furniture rearrangement.  We refiled our important papers, tossed out old ones, put magazines in order in a filing system and called it done for now.  So here we are, ready to begin, with a somewhat clueless approach to it all.  I guess I should just begin by blowing copious amounts of money on the cutest accessories I can find, right??

12 comments:

Gloria July 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM  

Haha sounds like a good plan. I'm loving that shelf - stylish and functional!

April July 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM  

Hope you get the office put together soon! Hopefully you won't have to break the bank.

rooth July 10, 2012 at 10:42 AM  

Having an organized office is pretty important to my peace of mind but I've been neglecting the rest of my home. I've been just tossing clothes on my bedroom floor - I really need a bench or something

Stacey July 10, 2012 at 11:26 AM  

great inspiration board with fab pieces!

Amber July 10, 2012 at 1:32 PM  

Love that desk but I need more drawers. Drawers are how I make my desk look neat. :)

A Crimson Kiss July 10, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

Obviously that's the only way to go! You guys will get there, I know it, and it'll be beautiful when it's done!

Blue Dog Belle July 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM  

I moved about 9 months ago, and I still haven't "finished" organizing everything. It's driving me nuts! Ugh, anyways, I'm loving your blog! I'm also hosting a giveaway right now, and I'd love for you to come visit me!

xoxo, Emily
http://bluedogbelle.blogspot.com/2012/07/happy-independence-day-celebrate-with.html

Laicie July 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM  

Haha good plan!! These accessories are reminding me how much my own office could use a makeover. Good luck with yours!

Michelle July 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM  

My office needs some serious "re-organizing"! Love that desk. I need a couple of those.

colleen July 10, 2012 at 10:07 PM  

haha yes! that's the best way to begin any house project!

Alexa July 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM  

I so need the motivation to organize my desk! Sigh...

Elle Sees July 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM  

love the colors and organizing is always fun to me. is that weird?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails