Animal, Vegetable, Miracle inspiration, food coop and nerds

I've been reading Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and I just have to say that she is one of my new favorite authors.  Have any of you read this?  Or any of her other books?  I've read the Poisonwood Bible and Animal Dreams and both were great.  I'm madly in love with A,V, M and want to share it with the world.  It's such an inspirational book.

One night after work last week, I got off the train after having read a chapter on vegetarianism vs. eating free-range meat, and encountered a volunteer for the Dill Pickle Coop.  What timing!  After reading A,V,M, anyone and everyone will be inspired to join a coop or buy local food at the grocery store. 

The Dill Pickle Coop is opening up down the street from us and our friend Sharon Hoyer is part of the brains behind it.

          The Dill Pickle is a cooperatively owned and governed neighborhood grocery store that aims to provide sustainable, local and organic goods at an affordable price in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood.

They'll be opening up in a few weeks and I plan on supporting them!



On a cute note, my coworker just made a funny:

                 Julia: Your nerds were a big hit in the department.  I guess we are what we eat!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails