In praise of: Breakfast

At night, when I am lying in bed about to fall asleep, I often look forward to breakfast. And now, when I get up really early, I always need two. Hooray for second breakfasts!

This got me thinking about all the wonderful things about breakfast: about how breaking bread in the morning with someone you love often sets the tone for the rest of the day, about brunches where you re-live the crazy night before, experimenting with exciting breakfast foods, about those incredible homemade 3 course breakfasts at our gîte on honeymoon, about Saturday morning dim sum, and mimosas.

What do you love about the first meal of the day?

1 comments:

Unknown November 20, 2009 at 11:01 AM  

I LOVE breakfast for the coffee that goes along with it and the fact that I can eat sweets! I've got such a sweet tooth, that I find it hard to resist the stuffed french toast or oatmeal pancake choices that are a common item on brunch menus. OH and let's not forget mimosa's, my favorite!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails