Weekend Recap


What a weekend it's been.  It started off with an overflow of happy emotions and then ended with a devastation that has me pretty down, to say the least.  Not to be too overdramatic, but March Madness really has a way of kicking you where the sun doesn't shine, you know?  I mean, one minute you're over the moon with the excitement of a victory.  Cut to less than 48 hours later, your head's hung low and your heart is broken because of a surprising loss to an 11-seed team.  Ugh!

Other than basketball, the weekend was good.  Some highlights include ::


  • Bar night with BK & Jen!  Catching up with friends is always nice, especially when there is a blowout on TV of the best kind going on in the background (KU crushing Richmond)
  • Euchre night with the Hinshaws!  Peanut is growing like crazy and he's got this cute little smile that's starting to come out to play.  Or maybe that was just me convincing myself that his little mouth movements were really smiles in disguise.  Either way, that boy sure is cute.
  • We finally got around to watching Howl - it was very good.  Accompanied by a glass of wine, it was the perfect way to end a Saturday night.  I highly recommend seeing it.
  • Mildred Pierce.  After hearing an interview on NPR, I couldn't wait to watch this new HBO miniseries.  Kate Winslet is lovely in it, as is Melissa Leo.  I'm already hooked!  Did you watch it? It's definitely a lovely way to spend a chilly Sunday night, especially after your heart has been broken.  (As a side note, my maiden name is Pierce and I used to live on Mildred street when I moved to Chicago.  Just thought I'd share)
How were your weekends?  Good, I hope.  Also, the bright side of KU's loss is that you don't have to read my biased basketball opinions any longer!  But I'm curious to know if any of the Final Four teams have your hearts?  My bracket(s) is shot, but I did pick UConn to go to the final against KU, losing of course.  So I guess I can get behind Kemba Walker to take them there...

23 comments:

Anna Walker March 28, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

My weekend was fine! Sorry for your Basketball Loss! Howl? Like based on the poetry book? That sounds awesome! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Noodles and Waffles March 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

I can't wait to watch Mildred Pierce tonight. It looks so good.

Sorry about Kansas.

A Crimson Kiss March 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM  

My parents are UConn alums so their always crossing their fingers and toes come March Madness. I, on the other hand, don't know a layup from a three pointer!

Glad you're back and enjoyed the weekend, despite the basketball letdown!

Anna @ IHOD March 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Euchre is the best!! So much fun! Our friends and I have recently been into nertz and Catan:) Kind of addicting!

Again, so sorry about the KU loss!
Anna

Ren- Lady Of The Arts March 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

glad you had a good weekend- ours was busy fun good-

liza March 28, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Oh, I'm sorry about your team! Butler is ours (my niece graduated from there last year so we've been fans for a few now). Thank you for your sweet comment today! I do hope your day brightens up!

Tiffany Kadani March 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

Oh man, when BYU lost I was so sad. So sad.

Megan @ Pink O'Clock March 28, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

oh, i need to watch mildred pierce -- must do that tonight! it's rainy here, so it'll be the perfect night to do it.

sounds like a good weekend all-around, but am sorry for your basketball loss!

Jaime @ laviejaime March 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

i want to see midred pierce! i don't get hbo at my apt though...will need to do a marathon at my mom's one day.

sounds like a good weekend, overall!

ps- i feel ya about march madness...my team was out too early ;/

Kimia Kline March 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM  

sorry about kansas :( i honestly dont watch sports tho. my weekend was a bunch of sleeping...yaaay :)

Amber March 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM  

i really want to see Mildred Pierce but we canceled our HBO since we just dont watch it often enough...hopefully when its done they will put it up on Netflix

Brandi March 28, 2011 at 5:19 PM  

Those sports teams really can break your heart sometimes. And my weekend was good, though I was sad to have my spring break come to an end. It simply wasn't long enough. Well, back to the grind! Happy Monday!

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION March 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

Weekend was great! Sorry your team lost...that totes blows. You'll get em next year! xo

Brooke T March 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

Glad you had a great weekend, besides basketball!!

Michelle March 28, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

I am a UK fan here in Kentucky. Glad the rest of your weekend was pretty good!

Jenny N March 28, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

wow, you are a big fan! Sorry about Kansas. I'm just happy Ohio State isn't going. It's mostly because the fans are kind of annoying. haha. :)

Jess March 28, 2011 at 9:59 PM  

I watched Howl a few weeks ago, it was really interesting! We also happened to watch a documentary on Hugh Hefner on Netflix that same weekend... it's really interesting to think about what people went through during that time and realize it didn't happen that long ago!

S and O March 29, 2011 at 12:20 AM  

Awww that sucks that your team didn't win...at least you had a great time though before that :)
xoxo
Olivia

Linda [the young curator] March 29, 2011 at 2:05 AM  

my weekend was good. i made milk chocolate nutella cupcakes! i took pictures and posted on my blog if you want to see :]

also glad to hear you liked howl. i've heard good things, but i just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. i'll definitely try to now though!

M. Eileen March 29, 2011 at 6:39 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy a la Mode March 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM  

my final 4 is completely shot!! :( well i'm sure lots of people's are though ahah!

Sara March 29, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

Bah, I definitely feel ya on the VCU loss, sister! A sad day indeed for us Jayhawk fans (but we'll keep on Rock Chalking!). I had OSU and KU in the finals, so that's a bust. I did pick UConn to make the Final 4, though, so I guess I'll root for them!

PS -- Totally love your blog. :)

Virginie's Cinema March 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM  

I want to see howl SO much, now even more!

Sounds like your last week-end might be inspiring my next week-end :)

Virginie

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails