Weekend Recap


What a weekend!  It flew right on by like it barely even happened - but I attribute that to the copious amounts of fun I had.  Nothing beats a wedding-filled weekend spent with friends you rarely see because of distance.  That's exactly how my weekend went down.  Some highlights include ::

  • Rehearsal dinner/Pre-Wedding Bash - we drank endless amounts of margaritas and mojitos and beers for several hours, then walked home.  It was awesome.
  • I love getting all gussied up for things so I thoroughly enjoyed putting on my brightly colored Zara dress and fancying up my eyes in a pretty purple hue.
  • I feel the same way about seeing my love getting dressed up in a suit and tie!
  • This wasnt' so much a highlight, but about 45 minutes before the wedding was to start, it began storming pretty bad.  Various guests came in rather soaked and the ceremony was delayed for a bit.  But when the clouds parted, they parted for good - we all cheered and immediately rushed outside to begin.
  • Watching/listening to my husband officiate the ceremony was something I'll never forget.  He was so well spoken and made it seem like he'd performed 100 weddings before.  He did an amazing job.
  • I sang along to an M.Ward song with my friend Sam after the bride & groom shared their kiss - it was really fun and a pleasure to accompany him.
  • Champagne, champagne, champagne!
  • Dancing, dancing, dancing!!
  • Not being as hungover as I feared
  • Lazy Sunday afternoon strolls for Italian ice in the 75 degree weather
Now it's Monday, my friends are heading back to New York, my husband has left me all week for business in Canada and it's looking like rain out there.  So I guess I'll put a smile on my face, bask in the afterglow of my terrific weekend and hope Friday gets here faster than ever before.

24 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. June 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

what a wonderful weekend! thats so cool that your husband officiated the ceremony! glad you two had a nice time :) see you tuesday! xo jillian

classiq June 6, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Hope your week will be just the same. :)

Ren- Lady Of The Arts June 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

fun- I drank a lot of champagne this weekend too!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket June 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

Sounds like such a great weekend :) I love sunshine weather.

My husband has officiated a couple of ceremonies for some of our friends and he loves it. I think it brings him back to his college days when he was in a band and loves being the center of attention. :)

Oh, My Darling June 6, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

Wow, it sounds like quite a blast!

Lady Grey June 6, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Aw, weddings are so much fun! That's so cool that your husband officiated the ceremony!
xo

samantha ramage June 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

oh, i would love to hear about what your husband said at the wedding. my fiance and i are trying to come up with what we want said at our wedding in sept and need ideas!

xo
sami

caroline June 6, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

sounds like an amazing weekend!

Gloria June 6, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

It's so cool that your husband officiated the wedding - what an honor! Your weekend sounds like it was a total blast :-)

A Crimson Kiss June 6, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

This sounds like such a dreamy weekend-swoon! Hope this week skips by and that your honey is home before you know it!

Jaime @ laviejaime June 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

what a great weekend! it's so hard to have Monday/work week to come back after a fab weekend.

Unknown June 6, 2011 at 1:12 PM  

this sounds like a fabulous weekend! xo

Amber June 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

the absence of a hangover always makes my weekend too. Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding.

k June 6, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

gracious that sounds busy! but at least you got that sunday afternoon :)

m_b June 6, 2011 at 5:25 PM  

ohmygosh what a fun wedding! i love getting all dressed up with friends and fam and just dancing the night away with champagne, of course! :)

Corinna June 6, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

I always love hearing about your weekends, and this one sounds just as good as the others!

April June 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM  

Sounds like a blast! I love champagne!!

Heart Charlie June 6, 2011 at 10:50 PM  

Sounds like a lovely weekend!!! Yummy to that pic of champagne!!! And with fruit? How amazing ;)

Tang June 6, 2011 at 10:52 PM  

Sounds like a great great weekend! :) Nothing's better than dressing up and spending time with friends.

Frank Vinyl June 6, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

that picture is too cute. i wanna drink it!!
francesca

Kristin H June 7, 2011 at 6:59 AM  

yes! To champagne with raspberries!! Sounds like the perfect weekend!

natasha {schue love} June 8, 2011 at 1:48 AM  

Sounds like MY kind of weekend!!! Love getting dressed up and having an excuse to drink champagne and dance! :)

Kirby Margaret June 8, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

oh my, What a weekend you had! sounds like it was a blast! give us pictures!!

Signe June 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM  

Sounds like a nice weekend and I LOVE that decoration :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails