What a weekend! It flew right on by like it barely even happened - but I attribute that to the copious amounts of fun I had. Nothing beats a wedding-filled weekend spent with friends you rarely see because of distance. That's exactly how my weekend went down. Some highlights include ::
- Rehearsal dinner/Pre-Wedding Bash - we drank endless amounts of margaritas and mojitos and beers for several hours, then walked home. It was awesome.
- I love getting all gussied up for things so I thoroughly enjoyed putting on my brightly colored Zara dress and fancying up my eyes in a pretty purple hue.
- I feel the same way about seeing my love getting dressed up in a suit and tie!
- This wasnt' so much a highlight, but about 45 minutes before the wedding was to start, it began storming pretty bad. Various guests came in rather soaked and the ceremony was delayed for a bit. But when the clouds parted, they parted for good - we all cheered and immediately rushed outside to begin.
- Watching/listening to my husband officiate the ceremony was something I'll never forget. He was so well spoken and made it seem like he'd performed 100 weddings before. He did an amazing job.
- I sang along to an M.Ward song with my friend Sam after the bride & groom shared their kiss - it was really fun and a pleasure to accompany him.
- Champagne, champagne, champagne!
- Dancing, dancing, dancing!!
- Not being as hungover as I feared
- Lazy Sunday afternoon strolls for Italian ice in the 75 degree weather
Now it's Monday, my friends are heading back to New York, my husband has left me all week for business in Canada and it's looking like rain out there. So I guess I'll put a smile on my face, bask in the afterglow of my terrific weekend and hope Friday gets here faster than ever before.