Weekend Recap


This weekend was everything I had hoped for - full of laughing and hanging out with friends.  Throw in many hours of pure productivity and boom!  Another great weekend was had.  That's right.  Some highlights include ::

  • "Babysitting" so our friends could go out for a date.  Lil' buddy was asleep the whole time, which is why babysitting is in quotes.  We just went and hung out at their house the whole time.  You know, played their games, snuggled with the dog and cats, dressed up in all their clothes.  Wait, what?  Just kidding about that last part ;)
  • Moving supplies - not so much a highlight but getting all that stuff together took a lot of the copious amounts of stress away.  
  • I'm not going to lie - Badger made me the worlds best homemade mojito with vodka.  I'm spoiled and I like it.
  • LOUIS C.K.!!!!!!!!!  Goodness sakes, this man is funny.  I enjoyed every minute of it and my face hurt pretty bad afterward from all the laughing.  The special guests were a serious treat - I mean, we the audience were spoiled that night.  
  • Our spare room is packed up for the most part.  Our cat is confused and had himself convinced we were leaving him.  We packed up several boxes, got rid of so much stuff and took a giant bag to the dumpster - all in a few hours.  Now that we've made a dent, I can feel some of that stress melting away.
  • Dinner + Euchre with friends.  Most epic euchre game ever.  
It's looking like a busy but good week for us.  Tonight we're planning on seeing Super 8!  Cocktails with my girls tomorrow, a tentative trip to the zoo later this week and lots and lots of hours spent packing I'm sure.  

How were your weekends?  Terrific, I hope.

29 comments:

Noodles and Waffles June 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

I love the picture/motto on your post. So true. Hope you enjoy Super 8. I thought it was good...not great.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket June 20, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

Did you look in your friends fridge? I always tend look in their first when left alone in a friends house. :)

classiq June 20, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

We all should repeat that #2 as often as possible. It's in the recipe for happiness. :) Have a great week! Ada

Rachel - Notes from my closet June 20, 2011 at 11:26 AM  

Glad you had such a good weekend! mine felt like it went SO fast! that I don't even feel like I had one... ahh well, only 4 more days till the next one! woo! ha ha :)

Love, Vanilla

http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

Tiffany from HOLIDAY June 20, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

that's a good, full weekend! can you babysit for me so i can go see Super 8? i've already decided i'm going to see it the friday before july 4th since our office closes early but stella will still be in school. hope you liked it.

Unknown June 20, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Sounds you had a wonderful weekend. YAY!!! So nice of you to babysit for your friends :)
xoxo
-linh
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

The Olive Tree Blog June 20, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

We have 2 crazy Labradors and they go into panic mode when ever they see suitcases...no joke p.s. let me know how super 8 is!!

Tang June 20, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

Good advice! :) I just saw Super 8 this weekend! I enjoyed it because all the kids were pretty funny. Have a great week!

Anonymous,  June 20, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Thanks for your comment, follow me if you like my blog :)

Johanna June 20, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

Now that is what I call a weekend! Why do you have to move? You can babysit any time for me - kidding!

A Crimson Kiss June 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

This weekend sounds absolutely amazing! I'm glad Badger spoils you rotten with cocktails-I don't think there's anything better!

Gloria June 20, 2011 at 1:02 PM  

haha if only babysitting was always that easy :-) glad to hear you're making some progress on packing - so exciting!

Katie Elizabeth June 20, 2011 at 1:10 PM  

Love this! You always need to laugh. Great post!

Also, thanks so much for commenting on my blog! Glad you can admit a tanning mistake too lol. I hope you visit again or follow sometime :)

xo katie elizabeth
ohheyylife.blogspot.com

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION June 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM  

Everyone should carry that piece of paper around with the...so true! Sounds like your weekend was great! xo

natasha {schue love} June 20, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Sounds like a fabi weekend! Love that you had fun "babysitting" and I want to try this mojito! :)

Fash Boulevard June 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

hahaha. i love this. so simple yet so true and powerful. hope you had an amazing weekend. Stop by to see pictures from my weekend in Laguna Beach. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Don't forget to follow on twitter for all the latest celebrity fashion news from an LA stylist.

http://twitter.com/#!/fashboulevard

Amber June 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

i wanna hear your review of Super 8. I cant decide if its movie theater worthy yet (I am leaning more towards yes though)

MapleandVine June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

sonds like a good plan for the day :) super 8 was awesome!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts June 20, 2011 at 6:48 PM  

i love that note- glad your packing is moving along.

designchic June 20, 2011 at 7:22 PM  

A busy and fun weekend...mine was great, but they are always too fast!!

Melissa Blake June 20, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

My weekend was good....a bit too short as always! :)

this free bird June 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM  

Okay if, and I'm saying IF, you tried on their clothes did you happen to get any pictures of it? epic post.

xo,
c

Caitlin C. June 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM  

I babysat this weekend, too! I just played on the computer while the kids were sleeping and got paid. It was nice :) I'm glad you had a great weekend, take lots of pictures if you go to the zoo!

Kirby Margaret June 20, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

gosh, I am so excited for you two. glad you had such a great weekend! and I'm now dying to try one of those amazing mojitos!

Jennifer Young June 20, 2011 at 11:45 PM  

busy, yet FUN! just the way i like it. glad you enjoyed your weekend!
j.

Angela Alvarez June 21, 2011 at 6:05 AM  

such a great post! :D love it!
xx
fashionbit

Unknown June 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

u had me at mojito! :o)

*kiss kiss*
Erika~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Please stop by and join~Light as a Feather Necklace Give-Away~ Open to EVERYONE! Almost $50 value

April June 21, 2011 at 8:58 AM  

Cats are so funny when they think you're leaving! lol

Roxy Te June 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM  

I'm having a mojito as we speak! But an english one with gin! I'll have to try vodka..it's a go-to ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails