I am pretty sure I loved every single second of this weekend. Which is truly a fantastic way to feel after your last weekend in the city you've called home for the last six years. Some highlights include ::
- Dinner at Union in Evanston. This pizza place is delicious and I mean delicious. We each ordered a different pizza and shared in the glory. So good.
- After dinner we had drinks down the street where good conversation was had
- Packing, packing, packing. Our apartment is a disaster right now and you have to step over several boxes every time you get up. But we're making serious progress, folks!
- French toast at Victory's Banner
- Cheer Accident @ The Hideout - I'm so so so glad we were able to go to The Hideout one last time. That place is such an amazing venue and being there always warms my heart. They had hung up gold tinsel along all the walls that week so it was extra shimmery inside.
- Going away party - our friend Jacob just moved into a spacious apartment complete with a big back yard, so we spent the entire day outdoors drinking, eating cake/pie/cupcakes/chips. It was one of those parties where you say you're leaving 800 times but then end up staying another hour. Needless to say, karaoke showed up when the sun went down and I had to sing one final karaoke jam for Jake. I hope everyone who heard (including the neighbors on both sides who were all just staring at us) had "sweet dreams" last night.
Now, the final countdown has approached and it's time to hustle. So if you don't hear from me much this week, just know that my life is in disarray right now but that I love you all. Also, I've got exciting guest bloggers lined up for next week while we settle into our new home. Get excited!
How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!