Weekend Recap


I am pretty sure I loved every single second of this weekend.  Which is truly a fantastic way to feel after your last weekend in the city you've called home for the last six years.  Some highlights include ::


  • Dinner at Union in Evanston.  This pizza place is delicious and I mean delicious.  We each ordered a different pizza and shared in the glory.  So good.
  • After dinner we had drinks down the street where good conversation was had
  • Packing, packing, packing.  Our apartment is a disaster right now and you have to step over several boxes every time you get up.  But we're making serious progress, folks!
  • French toast at Victory's Banner
  • Cheer Accident @ The Hideout - I'm so so so glad we were able to go to The Hideout one last time.  That place is such an amazing venue and being there always warms my heart.  They had hung up gold tinsel along all the walls that week so it was extra shimmery inside.  
  • Going away party - our friend Jacob just moved into a spacious apartment complete with a big back yard, so we spent the entire day outdoors drinking, eating cake/pie/cupcakes/chips.   It was one of those parties where you say you're leaving 800 times but then end up staying another hour. Needless to say, karaoke showed up when the sun went down and I had to sing one final karaoke jam for Jake.  I hope everyone who heard (including the neighbors on both sides who were all just staring at us) had "sweet dreams" last night.

Now, the final countdown has approached and it's time to hustle.  So if you don't hear from me much this week, just know that my life is in disarray right now but that I love you all.  Also, I've got exciting guest bloggers lined up for next week while we settle into our new home.  Get excited!

How were your weekends? I'd love to hear!

26 comments:

Stephanie June 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

I totally forgot about Victory's Banner! So good! Good luck with the move/getting the new home in order. :)

Ashleigh June 27, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

Ah, I can't beleive it's here, the final hurrah! So glad your last one was a great one. Wishing you all the best in your new adventures!

P.S. Union is awesome! (I do think it's weird that it's sort of called 'Space' too though...)

Sara June 27, 2011 at 11:54 AM  

Good luck on the impending move! I know it'll be hard to leave, but so exciting to get settled in a new place. :)

vintch June 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Good luck this week! you should throw another party when the move is DONE!

Anna @ IHOD June 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM  

Sounds like a perfect weekend! I soaked up lots of outdoor time with the kids and had a girls night saturday which was loads of fun.
Hope you have a lovely monday!

Anonymous,  June 27, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

Moving into a new home is hard and stressful, but always exciting! Have fun decoratinig it, that's the whole point to me.

The Olive Tree Blog June 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

have a safe and happy move...and now I need to locate some pizza

Mandy Crandell June 27, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

Union is great! Best of luck with your move!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

Tang June 27, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

I think I need some of that pizza! Yum!!!

christine donee June 27, 2011 at 2:46 PM  

uhh that photo is incredibly enticing!

A Crimson Kiss June 27, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

I am SO glad you had a perfect last weekend-how wonderful! Good luck with the move, and I can't wait to see all your stuff in the new place!

xox, Lena

Sandy a la Mode June 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

what a beautiful picture!! have fun your last few days and good luck on new adventures!!

Gloria June 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

This photo is seriously stunning! Hope the move goes smoothly :-)

Christine June 27, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

Good luck with your move! Hope everything goes smoothly:)

Amber June 27, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

I am excited for you, moving can be super stressful but I love unpacking :)

liza June 27, 2011 at 5:25 PM  

I hope the move goes so well! I'm glad your final weekend in IL was a good one. Keep us posted! We'll be here waiting for news...

MapleandVine June 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

awww sounds like a blast. french toassttttttt

Michelle June 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

Good luck with your move!

Jennifer June 27, 2011 at 8:32 PM  

What a great weekend of celebrations and farewells. Best of luck with your move!

Unknown June 27, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

What a fantastic way to end your stay in a fabulous city!!! And karaoke to top it off??!! Well, hello lucky lady :) That is a proper way to say farewell! Good luck with packing and the move!

M. Eileen June 27, 2011 at 9:20 PM  

Good luck with the move! Glad that you are enjoying Chicago these last few weeks!

Punctuation Mark June 28, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

that image is amazing... wishing you the best of lucks!!!

classiq June 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM  

What a gorgeous image! Wishing you all the best in your new home and new challenge! :) Ada

jillian :: cornflake dreams. June 28, 2011 at 6:16 PM  

i had french toast this weekend too (at flo's in west town). so glad youre getting a lot of packing done and you were still able to have a fun weekend! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

alli/hooray June 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM  

Sounds like an awesome last weekend - and pizza is always a good choice! :)
Best of luck with the move!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails