Weekend Recap


Another great weekend for the books, friends.  The weather went from what felt like the dog days of summer to what should have felt like spring back in April & May.  Why does the weather never make any sense in this city?  I can't complain too much, it actually turned out pretty nice (a.k.a. the kind of weather where you're so hot one minute and super chilly the next) and ended up being great for all the walking we did on Saturday.  Some highlights of our weekend include ::

  • Using one of our last Chicago Groupon's to enjoy dinner together after 5 days apart.  I had a few mojitos which made everything that much better
  • Sleeping next to my husband - what's normally an every day occurrence (of which I'm thankful for) felt like a rarity this weekend.  Maybe that's because he's gone yet again for another business trip (this time he'll be back on Wednesday though, whew) 
  • The Old Town Art Fair - surprisingly, he wanted to go (he hates crowds) but it was a great Saturday afternoon activity and it was much lower scale than something like the Taste of Chicago.  We grabbed a few beers, walked around for a few hours and found it funny - the only thing we ended up buying was a new pump for our fish tank from the Old Town Aquarium (that place is awesome if you've never been.  Save your money, don't go to the Shedd, go here instead)
  • Since we were out all afternoon, we opted to stay in and be lazy together a.k.a watched The Big Lebowski 
  • Logan Square Farmer's Market - we missed the opening weekend but made it out yesterday.  It seems bigger than it was last year and I'm not complaining.  We came home with some fresh whitefish, a jar of passionfruit curd (outstanding), a single horchata cupcake, rhubarb and a jar of the hottest pickled mushrooms my husband has ever had (ewwww).  
  • I ate a tomato + goat cheese crepe (well, half a crepe) the size of my head.  He had a banger sammy.  
  • Sunday afternoon cards + wine
  • The best fried fish EVER (husband, you know how to fry up some fish lemme tell you)
  • Wayne's World!  My favorite movie of all time.  Schwing!
  • Oh and last but not least - SUCK IT, LEBRON!
How were your weekends? Eventful, I hope!  

Thanks to everyone who took the Berenstain poll.  I'm still so annoyed by it all!  

Last, do any of you Chicago bloggers know of a great place to go berry picking? I've been itching to do that for awhile now!

23 comments:

stephanie June 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM  

I think I had that same reaction to the Mavericks winning last night, too. (I did feel bad for Wade, though.)

Sounds like a great weekend!

magpie June 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM  

Suck it LeBron!
Yeah for yummy fish! (not the ones from your tank, though)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. June 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

suck it miami! haha yesssss.

a goat cheese crepe sounds ahhhmazing! and i think h and i need to check out that aquarium! we spent the weekend watching movies (black swan--loved it!, and the road--depressing!) and went to six bike shops yesterday!! almost set on the ones we want to buy :)

glad you two had a lovely weekend together, thankfully this next weekend looks like it's going to be warmer! xo jillian:: ps im hosting a judy kaufmann print giveaway!

rebecca June 13, 2011 at 12:15 PM  

the husband is in chicago this week for neocon. i'm sleeping alone as well. he seems to be impressed with your city.

Crystle June 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

What a weekend! Cards and wine on Sunday? I need to learn some new games! Great idea.

A Crimson Kiss June 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

What a wonderful weekend! I'm sorry your sweetheart is away again, but thank goodness it isn't quite as big a trip!

Also, Berenstain Bears is BULLSHIT. That's all I feel compelled to add to that particular discussion.


xox, Lena

Angela Alvarez June 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Alvarez June 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

love your blog! :D
xx
fashionbit

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION June 13, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Sounds like an amazing weekend! And that tomato goat cheese crepe sounds absolutely incredible...yum! xo

natasha {schue love} June 13, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

Love the idea of the goat cheese crepe! Yum! So fun you have the Taste of Chicago there! :)

Carol {Everyday Delights} June 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM  

A goat cheese crepe - yes please!!!

Amber June 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

sounds like a nice weekend. I wish our weather this past weekend was more like yours. we had so much rain, it was a real bummer

Johanna June 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

Passion fruit curd...wow! I wanna go!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} June 13, 2011 at 4:38 PM  

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I didn't get to go to the Old Town Art Fair - wish I could have! Glad it was fun. Happy Monday!

this free bird June 13, 2011 at 4:38 PM  

Did you take any pictures of that crepe?? MUST TRY IT!!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket June 13, 2011 at 5:09 PM  

Sounds like a super fun weekend.

HAHA My husband said the same thing about Lebron. I have to say I was pretty impressed that Marc Cuban was holding his composure.

Corinna June 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM  

Mojitos,fish, Big Lebowski & Waynes World! Your list is to good to be true! I love it.

Brandi June 13, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

So glad you had a brilliant weekend, Mo! Mine was the first without schoolwork and it felt SO good. All that time you spent in Old Town sounds like so much fun.

Michelle June 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM  

lol...sounds like you had a great weekend. We had 12 marathon travel team softball tournament for my daughter. Whew. Plus shooting matches for my son.

Stephanie June 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

I was in Chicago two weekends ago and was so bummed I missed Taste and the Old Town art fair! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend :)

(PS following now!)

xo

Dolan Geiman June 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM  

So sorry we missed 'ya at Old Town, but it sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend. Mark your calendar for Bucktown in August. It's still one of my favorite festivals in the city...

Ali Marie

classiq June 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM  

Wonderful weekend! We've been having some rainy days and I didn't get to enjoy much of mine. Hope you have a great week! :)Ada

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails