Another great weekend for the books, friends. The weather went from what felt like the dog days of summer to what should have felt like spring back in April & May. Why does the weather never make any sense in this city? I can't complain too much, it actually turned out pretty nice (a.k.a. the kind of weather where you're so hot one minute and super chilly the next) and ended up being great for all the walking we did on Saturday. Some highlights of our weekend include ::
- Using one of our last Chicago Groupon's to enjoy dinner together after 5 days apart. I had a few mojitos which made everything that much better
- Sleeping next to my husband - what's normally an every day occurrence (of which I'm thankful for) felt like a rarity this weekend. Maybe that's because he's gone yet again for another business trip (this time he'll be back on Wednesday though, whew)
- The Old Town Art Fair - surprisingly, he wanted to go (he hates crowds) but it was a great Saturday afternoon activity and it was much lower scale than something like the Taste of Chicago. We grabbed a few beers, walked around for a few hours and found it funny - the only thing we ended up buying was a new pump for our fish tank from the Old Town Aquarium (that place is awesome if you've never been. Save your money, don't go to the Shedd, go here instead)
- Since we were out all afternoon, we opted to stay in and be lazy together a.k.a watched The Big Lebowski
- Logan Square Farmer's Market - we missed the opening weekend but made it out yesterday. It seems bigger than it was last year and I'm not complaining. We came home with some fresh whitefish, a jar of passionfruit curd (outstanding), a single horchata cupcake, rhubarb and a jar of the hottest pickled mushrooms my husband has ever had (ewwww).
- I ate a tomato + goat cheese crepe (well, half a crepe) the size of my head. He had a banger sammy.
- Sunday afternoon cards + wine
- The best fried fish EVER (husband, you know how to fry up some fish lemme tell you)
- Wayne's World! My favorite movie of all time. Schwing!
- Oh and last but not least - SUCK IT, LEBRON!
How were your weekends? Eventful, I hope!
Thanks to everyone who took the Berenstain poll. I'm still so annoyed by it all!
Last, do any of you Chicago bloggers know of a great place to go berry picking? I've been itching to do that for awhile now!