This weekend was really quite lovely. Despite the winter blues (which are about to worsen by a lot, considering we're going to be pounded by a "potentially life-threatening" blizzard tomorrow) we got out and about and enjoyed ourselves. Some highlights include ::
- Friday night dinner + drinks with BK at Rootstock where we sat at the bar and had help in choosing the best bottles of Greek and Spanish wine. Not to mention all the help picking out food. What an incredible menu - and I'm a vegetarian!
- A post dinner + drinks couple of games of Euchre with the Hinshaws. Always delightful! And I can't believe how soon we'll all get to meet Peanut!!!
- A Saturday afternoon trip to Home Depot to cut and purchase some pieces of wood to try and recreate this. Afterall, we do have a mirror about that size unframed...
- Saturday evening dinner + nerd games with the Chwaliszs. Gin-soaked raisins are the best thing to bring out during winter nights like that.
- A Sunday afternoon date which included brunch at a very cheap diner in River East (all the cool places were jam-packed), 2 attempts to go see The King's Speech (the 1st attempt put us in the very, very front which was waaaaaay too close to the screen - literally half of the screen was blacked out for me we were that close, so we high-tailed on outta there and exchanged our tickets for the next showing). We had the best seat in the house for the 4:30 showing and absolutely loved every. single. minute. Please go see if it you get the chance. It's an incredibly superb film that definitely deserves the Oscar.