The countdown is on.

6 days until we leave for our Italian honeymoon!  Huzzah!

We fly into here:

 {image}

And after we take photos like this, we go here:

 {image of the cinque terre}

We plan to do some hiking, relaxing on the beach and eating delicious food while watching the sun set.  

After our three days are up, we're moving on to here:


We only gave ourselves two days here but that's okay.  Hopefully we'll be able to go to the opera but our travel guide says they highly recommend buying tickets in advance and quite frankly, the website where you buy the tickets doesn't translate enough for me to understand, not to mention that the map of seating is microscopic.  Is it just me?!

We're making a short but sweet pit-stop in Florence to see this:


And finally ending our trip in an apartment here:


I feel like such a lucky lady!   A wonderful husband plus a super romantic honeymoon in Italy?! 
La vita è grande!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  August 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM  

I lived in Tuscany (near Siena) for more than a year and I have never been to Pisa...can you believe that? All the other places you're going i know very well, especially Cinque terre: my grandparents live there (Lerici), I bet you are going to love it. It's a wonderful place.

Anonymous,  August 31, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Ah yes, you don't need more than 2 days in Venice. It's beautiful, but it's also lost a lot of its beauty as it's major tourist destination. I assure you that no matter how wonderful the gondolas are, you'll love Florence and Rome far more.

The Neo-Traditionalist September 1, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

Ahhhh! You are going to have an AMAZING time! I miss Italy so much---the food, the wine, the people, the art! Can't wait to see your photos!!

Honeymoon bliss!

xx Katie

hip hip gin gin September 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

You are going to have such a wonderful time!!! I admit, I'm totally jealous, but also totally excited for you, can't wait to hear all about it! It's been a long time since I last visited Italy but I can remember the taste of the amazing gelato and tiramisu like it was yesterday, make sure to have lots of both.

A Crimson Kiss September 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

What a fabulous honeymoon you've got planned. It's okay if we're all a touch jealous, right?

Anonymous,  September 2, 2010 at 6:40 PM  

Totally jealous. Alex and I didn't take a honeymoon - but on the bright side we used that money to put a downpayment on our house. I guess it all evens out.

Tour Italy Now September 2, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

What a wonderful trip you have. I feel kinda like of going there too... for my second honeymoon..

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails