Root Beer Float Cupcakes

I've been in the mood to make some mo cupcakes and today's need for groceries really helped me get on the ball.  I saved this recipe from Smitten Kitchen awhile ago and finally tested it out!

The good news:  they're delicious.

The bad news: they really don't taste like root beer (I guess that's good news if you're not so into root beer). They just mainly taste like chocolate and whipped cream.  Nothing wrong with that I suppose!


I even busted out the pastry bag with tips!  Now I just have to find some people to help eat the rest of them.  Any takers?

5 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts August 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

I hate root beer- tastes like five cent bazooka gum to me- my monkeys LOVE it though and have had a root beer float pretty much everyday this summer-
I'll see if the cup cakes float our boat!

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS August 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Me me me! These look delish. Too bad they don't have the root beer flavor. I just had a Guiness beer cupcake the other day - it tasted right on! :) xo

Melissa Blake August 25, 2010 at 7:30 PM  

i'm sold! root beer is my favorite beverage, and i could eat cupcakes all day!! :)

Unknown August 26, 2010 at 12:07 PM  

You know, I woke up this morning and ate a non-frosted one and I actually tasted some root beer. I guess I lied, sorry everyone!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails