Tea Cups

 {image}

Last Wednesday, I went to Disneyland with my brother, sis-in-law and their three adorable kids.  It was EXHAUSTING but fun nonetheless.  Needless to say, my sister-in-law, Gina, was excited.  You could even go so far to say she was more excited than the kids were!  And I found it very cute.  Anyway, the day was great.  I took turns riding rides with the kids which provided a LOT of laughs.  My nephew, the wise guy that he is, had this scream that started when we rode Thunder Mountain.  It had everyone on the ride in tears from laughing so hard.  There's no way I can portray it in words but it is funny.  

My youngest niece, Ally (who is 5) is a bit on the small side and couldn't ride all the rides, nor did she want to.  So we also took turns sitting out with her while some of us rode the big kid rides.  Her and I got to do a lot of hanging out just the two of us which is rare and super awesome.  

After a very long day, the park started to rope off some areas so that everyone could enjoy the fireworks display.  We noticed the tea cups were still running so her and I hopped on right before the fireworks started.  And these following words that she said to me made everything 1,000 times better.  She doesn't like fireworks, they scare her.  And so when they started, we were mid-tea cups and having a great time.  And here's what she said, "Mimi, I'm too happy to cry!!".  

It was so amazing to hear her say that, especially because we started her day off with a roller coaster ride on Space Mountain, which may or may not have completely traumatized her.  

While I missed my husband badly, honeymooning with Mickey Mouse was pretty cool and I'm glad I did it.   And I would show you pictures but my Mac Book doesn't want to read my usb for the camera anymore...booo!

(we got to ride this one first and made it a point to do so again.  At one point the ride came to a halt but you could still blast the astro's, racking up a mighty fine score).

Also cool? The Indiana Jones ride.  And space mountain.  Yep.

2 comments:

Anna-Maria August 17, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

Ally said that? Oh my, that kiddo. I can't tell you enough what a joy they were during the wedding. Put 'em each in a cupcake and eat them right up with tea!

Anna-Maria August 17, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

P.S. Is it OK that I frequently liken cute kids to foodstuffs and make threats that I'm going to eat them? I do it with my kiddos at work too. Waiting for one of the parents to complain when I tell them I'm going to put their child on a pizza and roast it right up...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails