Doing some day dreaming, what else is new

 {image}

With fall around the corner, I've got some things on my mind. 

1.  I'm terrified of another Chicago winter.  Last winter and the winter before were bad.  I finally understood why people come here and leave.  I don't want to go through it again! I love winter but winter here is something I just don't think I'm built for.  And before I know it, it will be here again.  And here to stay for a six month minimum.  6 MONTHS!

2.  Martha Stewart (uh oh, I'm calling myself out here) is currently cooking some food and giving tips on how to reuse some orange peels.  She puts them in the juicer with her "green juice" the next morning and then gives what's left of that to her chickens.  I want chickens.  I want a goat.  I want...well we're back to that whole thing....


I want to move.  I want to live somewhere with a big backyard, with lots of trees and maybe even a creek or something of the likes.  I want to have a dog that can run around like crazy and for Gus to be able to venture out and do what cats do when they can go outside.  I want to grow vegetables and flowers and be able to provide produce for ourselves in our own backyard.  And I'm pretty sure I'd insist on getting that goat once I'm used to the new lifestyle.  It doesn't mean I want to move somewhere and fall off the face of the earth.  I just want some space!  I want a garage or a shed or somewhere so that the hubs can have the tools he wishes he could have and then we can make things (I have lots of ideas for him but we just can't do them when we live in a second floor apartment and there is no yard, only a shared balcony). 

So that's where my mind is today.  Where this place is is beyond me.  Somewhere beautiful, with close proximity to a big city (because we can't just desert the city life altogether), close proximity to awesome nature for quick day trips and weekend getaways into woods, mountains, lakes, etc.  Somewhere with weather - all 4 season's is preferable, just not the nasty Chicago winter that always overstays its welcome.  Where is this place, eh?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous,  August 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM  

I am dreading winter because I don't want to drive in it again! I've ended up in the median twice in the last two winters and I'm so anxious about it happening again! Snow is ok, ice is not. :(

Noodles and Waffles August 23, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

Richmond, VA. It's a small city with a very young population. 4-seasons. Beach, mountains, DC are only a 1-2 hour drive away.

http://www.carytownrva.com/

Unknown August 23, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Jersey! - we have NYC, Beaches, Shopping, Nature, Skiing, Mountains, Farms, 4 seasons, ect .. i can never leave Jersey for good - i tried in the past - i'm just a Jersey girl - i need everything around me all the time - so when i change my mind - like i always do - i'm able to do whatever it is i wanna do :o)

just a hint - south jersey is MUCHO cheap to live longs you don't live on the water - central and north jersey $$$ (b/c close to NYC) - and out west cheap too ... it's crazy releaste in jersey - same house in different towns can be $300K one place and $2 million in another -NO JOKE! .. but pretty mucha ll Jersey is getting 'developed' which i HATE with a passion - but what r ya gonna do ..

Michelle Kendrick Hartney August 23, 2010 at 1:02 PM  

I feel your pain when it comes to Chicago winters. I dread dread dread them too.

stephiejane August 24, 2010 at 9:33 AM  

i wish we could trade places. i would endure anything to not have to experience another texas summer! bleh! the heat is just too extreme.

i'm right with you on the chickens and goats, i wish i could have them as well! i would really love to make some goat cheese....mmmmmmm :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails