The Versatile Blogger Award


Hooray for awards!  Sarah B. of Sarah B. Says Hello recently awarded Mo Pie, Please with this lovely award and well, we're honored!

The Award Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you've recently discovered and think are awesome (and be sure to let them know).

15 bloggers is a lot for right now considering I'm still on Pacific time (or as I like to say to the kids, specific time) and transitioning to life after a two-week vacation, so I'm only going to do a few like Sarah did.  So here goes:

My 7 facts:
1.  I am missing many teeth.  The baby teeth were all there but the adult teeth are somewhere in space I guess.  So I had surgery in 7th grade (during spring break, thanks mom) to move my canines closer to not have a gap next to my front teeth.  Some people find it charming (like my husband).  And, my father-in-law is an orthodontist.  Hah!

2.  I was the editor of my high school yearbook for two years.  Only seniors are technically allowed to be editor but I was both my junior and senior year.  I guess because I rule!

3.  I had my picture taken with Miss Universe when my dad took me to the Miss USA pageant when I was 8.  Had I not been wearing my coat, it would have been in the Wichita newspaper...

4.  I eat candy like I'm a kid, and I'm totally ok with that.

5.  I have never mowed a yard!  My mom and brother used to fight over it growing up, they both loved it so much.  And I've been a renter ever since I moved out, so...

6.  I have been kicked out of a strip club before.  The Outhouse outside of Lawrence, KS.  I was caught drinking and I was only 20.  But come on, I was one of about three girls in the whole club and clearly I was talked into it by a bunch of dudes.  I didn't want to be there.  But I think it's funny to say I've been kicked out of a strip club.

7.  My dad was an architect and a good one at that.  We got to live in a giant house where all the rich doctors lived in Wichita that he designed.  No one had bought it so we lived there for 2 years until it sold.  It had secret passageways in my brother & I's bedrooms!  If he was around today, I know he'd be designing the sweetest buildings ever.

MY NOMINATIONS:
Here are five blogs that I discovered recently (by random chance or because of a comment left here) that deserve more love.

1. Acquainted With the Night 
2. The Lazy Designer
3. Calm Canary
4. Concerning: Pancakes
5. Quindome Eats Cake

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 16, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Thanks and congratulation on your marriage!!! I missed last post.
This is a fun award...I'm already thinking about seven things to say about me.
I'm glad your wedding was great, because lately I've seen some terrible ones...

stephanie August 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

That's great your wedding turned out perfectly! Thanks for the award! I'm a little nervous about figuring out 7 things to say about myself. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails