28


Today I turn 28.  Which means, I survived the curse of the 27s!  I enjoyed being 27 and wasn't really looking forward to turning 28, but the time has come.  

We went to Florida this weekend for a sunny vacation on the beach.  It was absolutely perfect - so relaxing and enjoyable.  We met my husband's sister and her boyfriend there and stayed in their grandma's condo in Clearwater.  We had this incredible balcony to sit on with a view to die for.  Every night, the sun set directly in front of us.  Every day we could see things in the ocean to get excited about from our view.  I can't get over how awesome it was!  The first day we sat at the beach, I kid you not, a shark swam up right in front of us.  A man was jogging along the beach and stopped to stare; he said he had only seen one other shark in Clearwater in all the 20 years he's been coming there.  It was a small brown shark, but still, IT WAS A SHARK!  We also saw several dolphins (two up close while on a boat excursion), a SEA TURTLE and a group of seals swimming!  It was glorious.  

This past year has been incredible.  Since my awesome birthday picnic last year, I've gotten married, honeymooned in Italy and now we've bought a house.  What a big year!  I'm hoping that this next year will only be better.  

I hope you're all having a wonderful Memorial day/holiday weekend.  

27 comments:

Anonymous,  May 30, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Megan @ Pink O'Clock May 30, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

aww, happy birthday! have a perfect day!

The Olive Tree Blog May 30, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

HaPPy BIrTHdAY!!!!!! I will be 28 in two weeks ;) Sounds like a lovely weekend!! Honey moon in Italy??? ...super jealous

Traveling Distances May 30, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

Happy Birthday! Hope it's amazing!

Signe May 30, 2011 at 1:59 PM  

Happy birthday, hope it will be a good one :)

jillian :: cornflake dreams. May 30, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) have a fantastic time lady. xo jillian

Jennifer May 30, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Happy 28 to you, Meagan! Take it from an old lady (me!)... It just keeps getting better!

Amber May 30, 2011 at 4:22 PM  

Well a very happy birthday to you! I cant believe you saw a shark, I would have peed my pants

Johanna May 30, 2011 at 4:33 PM  

Happy Birthday and I did take the day off in your honor! Hope it was magical

Brandi May 30, 2011 at 5:40 PM  

Happy 28th Birthday, Mo! Your 27th year was certainly exciting and productive, I'd say. I hope this year is even better and more incredible for you!

Sara May 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM  

Hope you have an awesome birthday!!

LCR May 30, 2011 at 7:22 PM  

The happiest of birthday's to you, girl! Memorial day sounded like the perfect way to celebrate! Yay for another year wiser:)
xo
L

Tang May 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

Happy Birthday! Have an amazing one! :)

hip hip gin gin May 31, 2011 at 8:14 AM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope 28 treats you as well as 27 has! And I don't think I've had a chance to say it yet: big congratulations on your new house! SO exciting!!

classiq May 31, 2011 at 10:07 AM  

Happy (belated) Birthday! Hope you had a fantastic time and that this year will be even better than the last one. :) I also honeymooned in Italy: Rome, Florence and the Amalfi Coast. It was fantastic. :)Ada

Jess May 31, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

Happy Birthday! I know for a fact that people born in May are totally the coolest! *my birthday was the 25th*

This was definitely your year! Way to work it!

Katherine May 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

happy birthday! What a sweet kitty photograph :)

Oh, My Darling May 31, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

Happy birthday! Hope it was simply fantastic!

caroline May 31, 2011 at 2:17 PM  

happy happy birthday!!! hope you had an amazing day!

Kirby Margaret May 31, 2011 at 2:49 PM  

Happy Birthday Meagan! sounds like you had an amazing year!

Small Burst June 1, 2011 at 10:49 PM  

Happy Belated Birthday. Your trip to Florida sounds amazing. All those sea creatures you spied-so jealous! Hope 28 brings you great things!

Michelle {lovely little things} June 1, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Happy Birthday!! Hope it's a good one.

Some Korean Website Highjacker June 2, 2011 at 8:58 PM  

super happy belated birthday wishes!!! what a great age to be, i loved my 28th year total and it looks like (from the previous post) you whooped it up big time. what a dream vacay girl, and even a saber tooth shark in the mix. wowy, i'd have to say...the other marine lovelies would be the direction i would have turned. petrified of the shark lurkers ; )

cheers to a whole new year filled with the brightest spots imaginable. ♥

natasha {schue love} June 3, 2011 at 12:28 AM  

Happy Belated!! I'm living the 27th year right now! Looking forward to 28 myself! Hope you had a lovely birthday! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails