Weekend Recap



Another good weekend for the books, my friends.  Aside from the devastating Bulls loss last night (grr), everything went well - including our home inspection!  This house is ours and I couldn't be more thrilled about it!  The house inspection is indeed a weird process, but the inspector was nice and friendly and we shared some laughs in the down time.  I saw parts of the house I wish I had never seen (the creepy attic, the creepy dungeonesque area under the stairs (seriously, those kinds of areas in houses look like you might find some old bones in there).  But at least I saw them and do know for a fact that there are no skeletal remains, ha ha.  Okay, anyway.  Enough of that.  The house is in great shape, only a few minor things need to be fixed before we move in and we keep realizing that our yard is getting bigger every time we visit.  Aside from all that, the weekend was nice - filled with friends and family and warmth!  Some highlights include ::

  • Listening to Bossypants  to and from Louisville - Tina Fey is freaking awesome and therefore the time flew by
  • Beers + hot tub after a 5-hour drive, oh yes
  • Home inspection
  • Family cook out on a beautiful day
  • Laughing at 6 p.m. when "the rapture" didn't come to fruition
  • Arriving in town just in time for dinner + games with friends
  • Laying on the boulevard with my sweetums, reading books and yelling at ants trying to crawl on me (yes, we were wearing sunscreen)
  • Drinking John Daly's all afternoon while the threat of storms lingered
  • Shrugging off a Bulls loss with a game of cards and drinks with our friend Jacob

How were yours?  I hope the weather was good for you and you weren't impacted in any way by the newest round of severe storms.  My heart goes out to those in Joplin.

23 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket May 23, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

I am so glad we all managed to live through the rapture. I heard Tiny Fey's book was hilarious. I just read Bethany Fankel a place of yes and it was soo good. :)

Happy Monday

Unknown May 23, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

Your weekend sounds lovely! Great news about the house! x

Julie {love, julie} May 23, 2011 at 12:37 PM  

so happy the house is all working out, sounds like a great weekend!!

stephanie [the merry way] May 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

This sounds like a great weekend - I remember when we had our home inspection last summer before purchasing our fixer upper - it's such an exciting time! And I'm so glad you're listening to Bossypants - I finished it a couple weeks ago and just loved it!

Jaime @ laviejaime May 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

I am reading Tina Fey's book right now. loving it so far. Cute pic here!

A Crimson Kiss May 23, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

What a wonderful weekend! I would share all kinds of excited expletives about how terrific it is that the house passed inspection, but that's simply not very ladylike. Instead, just know that I whispered them to myself in the office.

Unknown May 23, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

beer + hot tub = my kinda' girl!!!

i had an amazing weekend - so blessed!

shellie May 23, 2011 at 1:20 PM  

sounds like a wonderful time! i tried to publish about my weekend but it wont go....blogger is starting to piss me off!

Signe May 23, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

Yay, so glad your new home is is great shape :)

Kirby Margaret May 23, 2011 at 1:37 PM  

so glad that the inspection went well! can't wait for you to move in. my weekend was good. lots of chores, a pre-marriage class, and packing for my trip home this thursday! yay!

xo
Kirby

Ren- Lady Of The Arts May 23, 2011 at 1:58 PM  

so glad your weekend was so good and that the home inspection when well!!
I feel so bad for the victims of the tornados too- so sad.

BTW your comment today made me smile and it might just be the highlight of my day!

Bel May 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

Hahah I love that photo :) Looks like you had a good weekend!

<3 Belly B

April May 23, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

Sounds wonderful!! I have to drive about 45 minutes to and from work everyday now and I'm about to go to the library to see if they have any audio books. I wish they'd have Bossy Pants! But, in a rural town in Alabama, I'll be lucky if they even have audio books AT ALL.

caroline May 23, 2011 at 2:33 PM  

sounds like a wonderful weekend!

stephiejane May 23, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

how exciting your home is almost ready!!! oh and beers+hot tub=amazing :) so great. sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Michelle May 23, 2011 at 4:20 PM  

Glad to hear the house process is going smoothly. Lousiville is an awesome city!

Diana Mieczan May 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM  

That sounds like a fantastic weekend, darling! I also love Tina Fey's book. I read it and it is totally awesome:) Have a great Monday, darling
Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a cute scarf GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for summer!

Amber May 23, 2011 at 5:15 PM  

so glad the inspection went well, that can be such a nerve wrecking experience.

Brandi May 23, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

SO thrilled everything went brilliantly at the home inspection this weekend! I spent my Saturday with papers and had a bit of a lazy Sunday, though oddly, I'm kinda glad about starting the new week.

Tara @ Haute Lunch May 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend! We had fun attending a friends wedding and visiting my family! It's so nice to get out of the city every now and then!

Tara @ Haute Lunch May 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend! We had fun attending a friends wedding and visiting my family! It's so nice to get out of the city every now and then!

Johanna May 24, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

So exciting...I can't wait to see what you do to this house! Oh to have a yard!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails