Weekend/Vacation/Birthday Recap


Today it's back to the ole' routine - vacation is over, my birthday is over and the long weekend is too.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't bummed, but time marches on.  These past several days have been incredible, to say the least.  Some highlights of vacation include ::


  • Delicious food every single meal
  • The most perfect of views from the balcony at the condo
  • The most incredible sunshine/beach/water you could ask for
  • So much marine life - we seriously saw a shark right in front of us!  Not to mention dolphins, seals, a giant sea turtle and various other things
  • Many delicious tropical beverages
  • Perfect sunsets every night
  • The best travel buddies you could think of


My birthday was pretty terrific too.  It was low-key, such a nice way to celebrate turning 28.  I had some stuffed french toast made by my wonderful husband, followed by mimosas, mini golf with great friends, a great dinner out and we ended the night hanging out with some soon-to-be-married friends who are in town for their big wedding this Saturday! Hoorah!

22 comments:

Mel May 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

That sounds like a wonderful birthday and those pictures are amazing! Happy day to you!

Unknown May 31, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

sooooooooooooo happy for you lovey!

Karena May 31, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

WhaT A GREAT TIME AT THE WATER, LOVE THE IMAGES. hOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS A DELIGHT!

I am hosting A New very Exciting $250 Giveaway from Tracy Porter

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

jillian :: cornflake dreams. May 31, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

wow, sounds perfect! i love those sun drenched photos :) and french toast is the best!! xo jillian

Tara @ Haute Lunch May 31, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

What beautiful photos! Glad you had a great birthday!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts May 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

sounds like so much fun- I love the shots you took too!

Johanna May 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

Sounds like a perfect birthday indeed! Cheers to another year!

Jaime @ laviejaime May 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

sounds like SUCH a lovely birthday! beautiful pics.

Natalie Marie Sullivan May 31, 2011 at 1:17 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful birthday! I am so excited I found you blog today! I can't wait to go back and read your older post. I would be honored if you would visit my blog and tell me what you think! I am also having a giveaway you might like.

thank you
xoxo

NAt

YnR May 31, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

lovely pictures of the beach! It looks so dreamy!

A Crimson Kiss May 31, 2011 at 1:43 PM  

This sounds like a perfect birthday, and a divine weekend. I'm now practically itching to get into the ocean and eat something delicious from the sea!

Tiffany Kadani May 31, 2011 at 1:57 PM  

These photos are absolutely gorgeous! Doesn't just feel so sad coming back to reality? Sigh.

Kirby Margaret May 31, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

now that is what I call a view!

The Olive Tree Blog May 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM  

The food is the best part about vacation for me!! Lovely photos~

Tiffany from HOLIDAY May 31, 2011 at 3:19 PM  

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like you spent it perfectly! So jealy you're just 28 (I turn 38 this year). ENJOY! xo

Gloria May 31, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

dolphns & sea turtles?? sounds like the perfect weekend! happy belated bday, lady!

Corinna May 31, 2011 at 5:23 PM  

Glad to hear your birthday was great!! It's so hard to go back to the real world after a weekend like that!

Jenny N May 31, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Happy Birthday!!! :) Sounds like an awesome time, and I loooove the Clearwater/Tampa area. My family always vacations at St. Pete Beach and my grandparents used to live in Clearwater!

shellie May 31, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

looks like a great time.i love the beach!

April June 1, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful birthday. I like low-key.

Roxy Te June 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM  

happy belated girlie! I'll be 28 this year and I'm totally looking forward to it :) p.s. beautiful beach! where did you go?

Unknown June 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

Beautiful. A beach is the best way to spend a birthday.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails