Spring finally seems to have arrived here in Chicago, but I hesitate to say it because I don't want to jinx it. The weather was sunny and warm throughout the weekend, which prompted me to be outside as much as possible. Instead of being a tourist in our own city, we ended up walking around our neighborhood and then heading up north for a random visit to Evanston. The Museum of Science and Industry will have to wait a bit, I believe.
How were your weekends? Relaxing, sunny and pleasant? I sure hope so. President Obama's surprise announcement really put the cherry on top of a pretty lovely weekend. Some highlights include ::
- Post-work cocktails and wedding rehash with my favourite Brit!
- Black Swan! Finally we got around to seeing it - it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be
- Lunch at Rewster's Cafe - great tea and sandwiches
- Visit to Evanston - The Spice House, Happy Husky Bakery (I got to pet some pretty huskies!) and randomly running into some people we know
- Saturday night r&r - much needed for the mister
- Sunday brunch with girls, followed by a random trip to Target! Did anyone score anything good from the Calypso St. Barth collaboration?
- Getting the mister to exercise with me outside
- Wine on our back porch followed by watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Be sure to check back here in a little bit - I've got a wonderful surprise for all of you!