Weekend Recap


Spring finally seems to have arrived here in Chicago, but I hesitate to say it because I don't want to jinx it.  The weather was sunny and warm throughout the weekend, which prompted me to be outside as much as possible.  Instead of being a tourist in our own city, we ended up walking around our neighborhood and then heading up north for a random visit to Evanston.  The Museum of Science and Industry will have to wait a bit, I believe.  

How were your weekends?  Relaxing, sunny and pleasant? I sure hope so.  President Obama's surprise announcement really put the cherry on top of a pretty lovely weekend.  Some highlights include ::

  • Post-work cocktails and wedding rehash with my favourite Brit!
  • Black Swan! Finally we got around to seeing it - it was every bit as good as I hoped it would be
  • Lunch at Rewster's Cafe - great tea and sandwiches
  • Visit to Evanston - The Spice House, Happy Husky Bakery (I got to pet some pretty huskies!) and randomly running into some people we know
  • Saturday night r&r - much needed for the mister
  • Sunday brunch with girls, followed by a random trip to Target! Did anyone score anything good from the Calypso St. Barth collaboration? 
  • Getting the mister to exercise with me outside
  • Wine on our back porch followed by watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind 

Be sure to check back here in a little bit - I've got a wonderful surprise for all of you!

19 comments:

The Olive Tree Blog May 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM  

I have been wanting to watch black swan! Sounds like a lovely weekend

Kathleen May 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

it WAS a lovely weekend, indeed :)

Julie {love, julie} May 2, 2011 at 12:19 PM  

this sounds like a lovely weekend!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} May 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Fun weekend - I loved the Black Swan, it was so well done!
Happy Monday!

Unknown May 2, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Your weekend sounds like great fun! I hope the lovely weather continues! My weekend was also good fun! :D xxx

jillian :: cornflake dreams. May 2, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

sounds like a good weekend! i stillll have to see black swan! we watched 'never let me go' this weekend. DEBBIE DOWNER. had to leave the apt and take a walk..followed by drinks to cheer up :) ! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

rebecca May 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM  

lol on osama bin laden is dead. so crazy isn't it?

Marita Bliss May 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend ;)

Ashley May 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM  

hahahaha i LOVE your last one...bin laden is dead! ha... I might need to go see Black Swan now!!!! i miss the weekend already...

Amber May 2, 2011 at 4:21 PM  

SO glad you finally saw black swan, i loved it too!

Stop by and join my Bath & Body Works Giveaway!

Corinna May 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM  

Great to hear your weekend was great! What a weekend it was for sure, and the last one to top off the list was shocking!

Jess May 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM  

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Now it's time to go back to the "real world" work week!

Sarah Engel May 2, 2011 at 11:38 PM  

Sounds like such a nice weekend, eat drink and be merry:) xo

LCR May 3, 2011 at 9:57 AM  

HAPPY SPRING! Sounds like you have some awesome plans and things to look forward to!
xo
L

Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} May 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

Post-work cocktails are the best. I'm so jealous that you live in Chi! I love that city.

Brandi May 3, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

Hurray for spring weather! It sounds like you had a great weekend. It's so nice to be getting outdoors more, don't you think?

Tiffany Kadani May 3, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

I just have to comment because I just love that photo. Amazing!

And I am glad you had such an amazing weekend.

Brooke T May 3, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

IT seems like you had a fantastic weekend!! I want to see Black Swan so badly!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails