Friday's Fancies + Have a Colorful Weekend!


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 

It's FRIDAY!  I am incredibly thankful for the fact that it is Friday and that I can put that super rough work week behind me.  Obviously I survived, but I'm going to be truthful - we are all hanging on by a thread at this point.  Hopefully in a month or so we can look back on this week and laugh, because it sounds much better than crying!  Thank goodness we're a small office and all know each other pretty well.  I was remembering a time at my old job where we went through something similar and I thought about how awful it was because we were a big department with young and old working together.  Now that was rough.  But I digress.

We lost our power last night during a pretty severe thunderstorm.  When I took Stevie out this morning I noticed a massive tree branch had fallen and missed our truck by inches.  Thank goodness the Subaru is under the carport!  We took advantage of our power being out though - we played Yahtzee by the candlelight and I went to bed rather early with the sound of rain and thunder off in the distance.

Now on to Friday's Fancies!  This week's theme is "summer sunset" and I basically took that theme rather literally.  I'd totally wear this though, and I'm almost positive that I desperately need that Calypso St. Barth's tank in my closet.

What have you got planned this weekend? I think we'll be working on some more house stuff (after living here for over a year, I have a serious urge to FINISH but it's still so much work and money), hopefully going to the movies and hanging out with awesome people.  Whatever you get up to this weekend I hope you have a fabulous one!  xoxo.

PS - everybody send some good vibes out to my dear friend Anna-Maria, who is defending her dissertation today!  Break a leg, AM!

17 comments:

magpie August 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM  

Break a leg, AM! I might just get to have tea with said brit today! I'm glad your car is ok. whew! have a fun weekend! We're going to the Gentleman of The Road festival in Dixon Il (of all places). Can't wait to finally see Mumfod & Sons!!!! Also Gogol Bordello should be fun!

Mal August 17, 2012 at 10:49 AM  

That yellow top is gorgeous!

ChinkyGirLMeL August 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM  

That is such a pretty, fun collection. Good luck with everything at work, hopefully next week things will be much better.

Stephanie August 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM  

I am totally in love with this outfit! You have the best taste.

jeands August 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM  

that top is absolute stunning. perfect for last add in as summer wardrobe.

happy weekend.

henning love August 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM  

yay 400th follower!! great outfit, i love that shade of red pant and those sandals

Sara August 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM  

I'm sorry you've had such a rough week! Thankfully, you can put it the rearview come quitting time today. Great outfit! I love everything about it! Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!
Cheers,
Sara

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots August 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM  

Dying over the color of these jeans. Must have for fall!

Happy weekend!

Amber August 17, 2012 at 12:23 PM  

Loving the color combo in this outfit! Happy to hear that branch missed yall's car. We had a terrible storm last October and lost power to 10 days so one day doesnt seem that bad :)

rooth August 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM  

Heavens, I'm glad your car is okay!

A Crimson Kiss August 17, 2012 at 1:24 PM  

OYE–what a week! Glad you and the cars all survived! Here's to the weekend, and checking lots off the to do list (I cannot believe you've been living there for a year)!

Carol {Everyday Delights} August 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM  

Yikes! Glad you all were okay after the storm!

Laicie August 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

Oh man, sorry it was a rough week! So glad to hear it wasn't made worse with a tree on your car! It sounds like you have a good weekend ahead of you... enjoy!

Jess August 17, 2012 at 4:04 PM  

Storms like that can be so scary! But I'm glad you and your home (and car) are OK! PS LOVE those red pants!

Gloria August 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM  

Yikes! Hope you get some R&R in this weekend!

Gaby [The Vault Files] August 17, 2012 at 5:58 PM  

Love this outfit and the colors, gorgeous!

Tang August 18, 2012 at 11:22 AM  

Have a relaxinnnggg weekend! Your fancies make me wanna shop now!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails