Thursday Loves


I love this room for so many reasons.  We have been talking about our screened-in porch for quite some time now and still haven't quite settled on one specific idea.  We want to transform it into another room that we can lounge in when the weather is nice and not use it as a catch-all for all the things that have no home (we have a terrible habit of this).  Since we don't have a shed yet, or a garage (only a carport), the porch has to serve as storage for tools and the mower.  But once we figure out how to get that stuff out of there, we plan to lay tile or some sort of flooring, add furniture and maybe even a curtain and decorate it nicely.  I'm finding tons of inspiration from this one image alone but am VERY open to your lovely suggestions :)  Via




Seeing as though it's the perfect time of the year to eat corn, this recipe from A Beautiful Mess seems a pretty delicious way to eat some corn on the cob.  We had some last night but we still have several more ears left to eat.  I'm thinking that this might be the way to go next time!  


This dress is so darling - and for all you lucky ladies with backs like hers, I think it would be hard to resist the urge to snatch this up at once!  Via


Before my family was in town, the mister and I had been doing a great deal of reading in bed.  I read all the time but he rarely reads.  Last night we did just this and it felt so good.  Any good book suggestions for when I'm through reading my current book?  Via



Last, for all you mamas and papas out there, this article about raising successful children is pretty good.  

Sorry for my absence this week, but it's been one of those weeks where I have just been living my life away from the computer.  My family left Tuesday so we went to celebrate our anniversary the proper way on Tuesday night with a delicious prix fixe meal from Harvest - a farm-to-table restaurant here in Louisville.  It was a special event with the Bluegrass Brewing Company that night, which paired four beers with four courses that were SUPERB.  All I can say is...smoked deviled egg...holy wow!

Also, we've been completely sucked into the Olympics every single night.  How about you?  How have you been?  Hope your weeks are going great!

10 comments:

Gloria August 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM  

Glad you had a fun anniversary! That corn looks soooo good!

Lady Grey August 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM  

Ooooh I love that white dress too! And that corn sounds amazing : )

Laicie August 9, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

Your week sounds like it has been perfect!! I'm dying over that adorable dress, I'm am about to devour that article -- right up my alley. ;)

And OMG screened in porches? I love it all.

shellie August 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM  

i love that porch...and if you have stuff out there you havent dealt with do you really miss it or do you miss when you finally see it? donate as much as you can!!!

Amber August 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM  

I'm for everything except the corn. I avoid corn like plague.

The Olive Tree Blog August 9, 2012 at 12:35 PM  

as always great finds ! I need that porch, and the corn , and that dress!

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket August 9, 2012 at 6:02 PM  

I have been super sucked into the olympics too- I also get a good laugh at how much jewelry they wear and hair styles while they play sports.

Johanna August 9, 2012 at 8:31 PM  

That corn looks perfect.

But more importantly - happy anniversary! Don't you want to go back?

rooth August 9, 2012 at 10:27 PM  

Hrrm, there are some wonderful books out there. What genre are you interested in?

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails