I can honestly say that I have dreaded this particular Monday for quite a while. That's such a terrible way to start a post but it's the honest truth! We're going live with electronic medical records today at work and it is going to be one gigantic change. I know it will be worth it, and we're already getting the hang of all the computer stuff. But man. All I can say is...please wish us luck! Anyway, this post is supposed to be about the weekend, right? It was a lovely weekend. A lovely weekend indeed. Some highlights include ::
- Dinner + drinks with lovely friends at The Holy Grale - the threat of rain lingered for awhile (hence the skies above) but it was a very pleasant evening sipping brews in the adorable beer garden.
- I totally made a dork of myself in front of Gunnar from the current season of Project Runway as we exited the Holy Grale. Yeah, he was there. No big deal (Alex, I know you're making fun of me right now). I gave him the thumbs up as I said "Project Runway!" and he put his hands over his mouth and said..."yes". I have no idea how to interpret that. And it makes me laugh to think about how excited I got/am over a silly contestant on a reality TV show.
- Saturday I did not feel well all day so we kind of took it easy. We did manage to buy some paint and curtain rods from good ole Home Depot.
- Pizza + Olympics (I'm pretty sure we eat pizza every weekend - don't judge!)
- Perseid Shower! It was not easy to stay up so late but it was worth it. I saw multiple shooting stars as a result as we watched in the country silence atop our roof. I even had to put a long-sleeved shirt on. Say what!?
- Hallway painted? Check. That's how we spent our Sunday afternoon. It looks so clean and fresh in that upstairs hallway now and I am so into it!
- Roasted veggie tacos - these were particularly delicious because we used our homegrown carnival peppers and added in some pineapple. I'll be dreaming about these all week long.
- Dairy Queen and a walk in the park at dusk. Some day we'll be able to walk Stevie together without her going crazy, right?!
All in all a terrific weekend. So here goes nothing with the week ahead. How were your weekends? Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!