Weekend Recap


I can honestly say that I have dreaded this particular Monday for quite a while.  That's such a terrible way to start a post but it's the honest truth!  We're going live with electronic medical records today at work and it is going to be one gigantic change.  I know it will be worth it, and we're already getting the hang of all the computer stuff.  But man.  All I can say is...please wish us luck!  Anyway, this post is supposed to be about the weekend, right?  It was a lovely weekend.  A lovely weekend indeed.  Some highlights include ::


  • Dinner + drinks with lovely friends at The Holy Grale - the threat of rain lingered for awhile (hence the skies above) but it was a very pleasant evening sipping brews in the adorable beer garden.  
  • I totally made a dork of myself in front of Gunnar from the current season of Project Runway as we exited the Holy Grale.  Yeah, he was there.  No big deal (Alex, I know you're making fun of me right now).  I gave him the thumbs up as I said "Project Runway!" and he put his hands over his mouth and said..."yes".  I have no idea how to interpret that.  And it makes me laugh to think about how excited I got/am over a silly contestant on a reality TV show.  
  • Saturday I did not feel well all day so we kind of took it easy.  We did manage to buy some paint and curtain rods from good ole Home Depot.
  • Pizza + Olympics (I'm pretty sure we eat pizza every weekend - don't judge!)
  • Perseid Shower!  It was not easy to stay up so late but it was worth it.  I saw multiple shooting stars as a result as we watched in the country silence atop our roof.  I even had to put a long-sleeved shirt on.  Say what!?
  • Hallway painted? Check.  That's how we spent our Sunday afternoon.  It looks so clean and fresh in that upstairs hallway now and I am so into it!
  • Roasted veggie tacos - these were particularly delicious because we used our homegrown carnival peppers and added in some pineapple.  I'll be dreaming about these all week long.
  • Dairy Queen and a walk in the park at dusk.  Some day we'll be able to walk Stevie together without her going crazy, right?!

All in all a terrific weekend.  So here goes nothing with the week ahead.  How were your weekends? Hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!

15 comments:

AbbieBabble August 12, 2012 at 10:49 PM  

Oh dear, good luck!

ps I eat pizza every weekend, too.

AbbieBabble August 12, 2012 at 10:50 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie August 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM  

Dairy Queen and a walk at dusk...that's the way to end a weekend!

rooth August 12, 2012 at 11:25 PM  

Good luck tomorrow! And did you get a blizzard from DQ??

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket August 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM  

I am so addicted to PR this season :) lots of luck tomorrow!

colleen August 13, 2012 at 5:27 AM  

i eat pizza every weekend and it's a wonderful thing. i also wish i could eat dairy queen! miss it so.

Lady Grey August 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM  

I hope the transition at work goes smoothly. I've been though the change to EMR at a Montreal clinic before and it was a total disaster! Hopefully your clinic is more organized than ours was ; )

Gloria August 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM  

Awww hope it's smooth sailing with the transition. Watching the Perseid Shower sounds SO amazing!

Stephanie August 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM  

Oh man, that sounds like it has the potential to be an administrative nightmare! Sending you lots of good thoughts and positive vibes today - I'm sure it'll be a smooth transition. :)

PS - I'm totally craving a DQ Blizzard now...

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots August 13, 2012 at 12:20 PM  

Good luck! We have been doing system updates lately and no matter how many tests they've run before it seems something goes wrong! Oh, technology!

Oh, and pizza every weekend ... I'm the same! It's just so good!

Amber August 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

best of luck at work today PS Kevin and I eat pizza at least once a week so no judgment will be coming from me :)

Laicie August 13, 2012 at 4:22 PM  

Ooh good luck at work today, I hope it goes smoothly!!

A Crimson Kiss August 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM  

Oye–at least there was a wonderful weekend before the storm, and I hope things went smoothly!

The Olive Tree Blog August 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM  

no shame in massive amounts of pizza... I hear it is healthier than salad... :) which is what I am going to keep on tellin my self .

lovely photos and hello project runway!

l

Unknown September 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM  

I hope your transition into the world of Electronic Medical Records technologies has gone better than you were anticipating. When my office first adapted an EMR, it was difficult, but as you stated, it was worth it in the end. So, hang in there.

It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. I never get to meet celebrities!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails