Weekend Recap


Hey, everybody! Hope you guys all had a great weekend.  We sure did and I tried to capture some of the best moments.  Stevie really hammed it up for the camera this weekend and I couldn't resist sharing her adorableness with you all.  Some highlights of the weekend include ::


  • Friday night birthday celebration with family - we ate delicious dinner, cooed at baby Ava and re-watched Bridesmaids (it gets me every time).  
  • Lunch at Salsarita's (I recommend this place when you're in the Qdoba/Chipotle kind of mood)
  • It took us all weekend but we (and by we I mean my awesome husband) rearranged our living room in anticipation of the furniture we're still planning to order.  This included rerouting the speaker wire, cable/internet and rehanging the tv.  Oof, what a chore! But it was SO worth it!
  • We may or may not have gone on an online shopping spree for said living room project.  Hello West Elm frames and accessories!  
  • Sunday morning walk on the trail with the pooch
  • New porch swing! Husband's grandpa crafted us a beautiful swing that you can see above.  Hanging it up wasn't easy, and husband and his dad cursed the builders of this house for inconsistent studs galore.  It's up and in studs though, just on the wrong side.  But that's cool.  It looks BEAUTIFUL!
  • Playing with Stevie in the front yard is so much more enjoyable for some reason.  Maybe it's because of the porch that I can sit comfortably on?  Yeah, that's probably it.
  • Video chat with two of our favorite people :)
  • Breaking Bad - seriously, if you don't watch this show by now there is something wrong.  Something seriously wrong.

So I kind of caught up on sleep, had some laid back fun, tried not to think about work and enjoyed myself thoroughly.  What did you get up to this weekend? I'd love to hear!  

Here's to a great week ahead!

15 comments:

Kyla August 27, 2012 at 8:41 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend! Bridesmaids is such a funny movie, definitely one of my favorite comedies. I love the look of your living room!

Katie August 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM  

That swing is beautiful! My grandparents had one at their old house. I miss it--it was the best spot to read.

And Stevie. Stevie is far too cute.

Gloria August 27, 2012 at 9:47 AM  

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that porch swing is handmade! I'd spend all my time out there if I could :-)

M. Eileen August 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM  

yay for porch pictures! What a great weekend you had! :)

Stephanie August 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

I've heard SO many good things about Breaking Bad! We're watching The Wire right now but I'll definitely have to add that one to our Netflix queue. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

A Crimson Kiss August 27, 2012 at 12:24 PM  

HORRAY for a wonderful weekend! I hope you'll share photos of the new living room, and that porch swing sounds simply dreamy. As for Breaking Bad–we CANNOT stop!

Leslie August 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

Sounds like a great weekend! I love West Elm. :)

Amber August 27, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

Alright, I am going to get on the Breaking Bad bandwagon asap. Everyone raves about it.

Unknown August 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM  

i want another weekend NOW - we did so much -and only 1 more to go before summer's 'over' :o(

colleen August 27, 2012 at 4:32 PM  

so envious of that porch - it looks delightful!

Laicie August 27, 2012 at 5:39 PM  

CUTIE PIE with that one ear up! I love it!! And I think I had really better start watching Breaking Bad -- everyone I know is obsessed.

Alexa August 27, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

Oh my gosh...look at her growing up! Such a cute pup!

Mandy Crandell August 28, 2012 at 5:59 AM  

Happy belated birthday!!! Stevie is such a doll!

http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

rooth August 28, 2012 at 8:17 AM  

Whoa, Steve has gotten so big since the last time I saw her picture :)

shellie September 1, 2012 at 1:12 PM  

oh goodness i am so jealous of your porch lady!!!!in a good way of course...

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it brightens my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails